Biggest BCS Snub? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Biggest BCS Snub?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Biggest BCS Snub?

Postby BigMusky » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:12 pm

CNNSI had a poll up for the biggest snub and I can not believe the results.

I thought the easy answer was Miami in 2000. They lost to Washington the second week of the year and won 11 straight games after that. Washington was good that year finishing 11-1 and winning the Rose Bowl. Miami won 11 straight wins and they beat Florida State.....Florida State finishes with same record as Miami and goes to the title game. I guess FSU deserved a chance to defend their title.

The top vote getter was 2004 Auburn who finished 12-0. That year three teams finished 12-0 and someone had to be left out and this was probably the only year the BCS actually worked sending the the best two teams to the title game. Oklahoma and USC were clearly the best two teams.

Second was Michigan 2006. Give me a break....they did not even win their conference and did not play as many good opponents as Florida. Just because you play someone close does not mean you deserve a rematch. Hell, Wisconsin deserves more of a shot then Michigan because they never got to play OSU and are 11-1 also.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:18 pm

I'd like to see the rest of the results. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:23 pm

joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:24 pm

This belongs in the College Football forum. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:29 pm

In. :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby BigMusky » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:51 pm

ouch...I never got a wrong forum comment before.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:52 pm

BigMusky wrote:ouch...I never got a wrong forum comment before.

Dont sweat it n00b. :-b

Hey do you got a link to the rest of that poll? :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Re: Biggest BCS Snub?

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:17 pm

BigMusky wrote:CNNSI had a poll up for the biggest snub and I can not believe the results.

I thought the easy answer was Miami in 2000. They lost to Washington the second week of the year and won 11 straight games after that. Washington was good that year finishing 11-1 and winning the Rose Bowl. Miami won 11 straight wins and they beat Florida State.....Florida State finishes with same record as Miami and goes to the title game. I guess FSU deserved a chance to defend their title.

The top vote getter was 2004 Auburn who finished 12-0. That year three teams finished 12-0 and someone had to be left out and this was probably the only year the BCS actually worked sending the the best two teams to the title game. Oklahoma and USC were clearly the best two teams.

Second was Michigan 2006. Give me a break....they did not even win their conference and did not play as many good opponents as Florida. Just because you play someone close does not mean you deserve a rematch. Hell, Wisconsin deserves more of a shot then Michigan because they never got to play OSU and are 11-1 also.

Dont underestimate the lack of historic knowledge when it comes to the average fan. Rare is it that those other than die-hards remember much past last year.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BigMusky » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:13 pm

Metroid wrote:
BigMusky wrote:ouch...I never got a wrong forum comment before.

Dont sweat it n00b. :-b

Hey do you got a link to the rest of that poll? :-?

I have no clue where it went. They put another poll up and it is not listed in their most recent polls.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Biggest BCS Snub?

Postby CC » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:45 pm

BigMusky wrote:CNNSI had a poll up for the biggest snub and I can not believe the results.

How in the world does Wisconsin deserve shot? They lost to Michigan and beat no one.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to College Football