The playoff that didnt happen - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

The playoff that didnt happen

Moderator: Football Moderators

The playoff that didnt happen

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:23 pm

Even though im satisfied with this year's national title game, i still love the idea of the playoff. Just for kicks, here's the playoff tree that COULD have been

Ohio St.-Boise St. winner plays winner of LSU-USC

Florida-Wisconsin winner plays winner of Michigan-Louisville

The 2 semi final winners would obviously meet for the National Championship. Anyone think having to play 2 games just to GET to the finals could cause alot of upsets? I could almost see Louisville making a run on the "weaker" side of the bracket, would USC still be the overwhelming favorite against LSU? Id like to see that game! I think the playoff would be fun anyways...
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The playoff that didnt happen

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:25 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:Even though im satisfied with this year's national title game, i still love the idea of the playoff. Just for kicks, here's the playoff tree that COULD have been

Ohio St.-Boise St. winner plays winner of LSU-USC

Florida-Wisconsin winner plays winner of Michigan-Louisville

The 2 semi final winners would obviously meet for the National Championship. Anyone think having to play 2 games just to GET to the finals could cause alot of upsets? I could almost see Louisville making a run on the "weaker" side of the bracket, would USC still be the overwhelming favorite against LSU? Id like to see that game! I think the playoff would be fun anyways...

No way. Michigan smokes Louisville on any field, anywhere.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:48 pm

I would not want to LSU in a playoff right now. LSU is a dangerous team and probably the best in the SEC right now.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:11 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:I would not want to LSU in a playoff right now. LSU is a dangerous team and probably the best in the SEC right now.

I haven't seen much of LSU this year. Are they a team built on speed or more of a power team.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:19 pm

killiansjmd wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:I would not want to LSU in a playoff right now. LSU is a dangerous team and probably the best in the SEC right now.

I haven't seen much of LSU this year. Are they a team built on speed or more of a power team.

Defense is built on speed and power. That D is fast and very good. Ofensively it seemed to me they were more of a power team, but they do have some fast WR. Bagel knows more about LSU than I do. I know i wouldn't want to play them and as a ND fan i am worried LSU will roll.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:17 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
killiansjmd wrote:

Defense is built on speed and power. That D is fast and very good. Ofensively it seemed to me they were more of a power team, but they do have some fast WR. Bagel knows more about LSU than I do. I know i wouldn't want to play them and as a ND fan i am worried LSU will roll.

Yeah ND secondary can't handle speed receivers. Could be another long day for myself and my fellow Irish fans.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:20 pm

killiansjmd wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
killiansjmd wrote:

Yeah ND secondary can't handle speed receivers. Could be another long day for myself and my fellow Irish fans.

LSU's receivers are overrated. But JaMarcus Russell is a great QB and they have one of the top defenses in the nation with a stout run D and a strong secondary led by Safety LaRon Landry.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BigMusky » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:50 pm

I disagree that LSU is the best team in the SEC, I think Florida proved they are the best. They beat ALOT of good teams this year. That kind of consistancy week in and week out shows something. This is not some Big East school that has two games a year on the road to a BSC and national title shot.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:05 pm

BigMusky wrote:I disagree that LSU is the best team in the SEC, I think Florida proved they are the best. They beat ALOT of good teams this year. That kind of consistancy week in and week out shows something. This is not some Big East school that has two games a year on the road to a BSC and national title shot.

I am a Gator Alum and will tell u UF is the best, but trust me i am glad we played LSU when we did. They are hot right now and have a monster D. Our offense played on a short field a lot in that game.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CC » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:17 pm

OSU gets jobbed by having to win 2 more games to get where they have earned the right to belong.

LSU is the definitely the #3 team in the nation IMO, but Russell is somewhat inconsistent so you can't exactly bank on them.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to College Football