ESPN playoff tiebreakers? 2 questions. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ESPN playoff tiebreakers? 2 questions.

Moderator: Football Moderators

ESPN playoff tiebreakers? 2 questions.

Postby cwrtlm » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:18 pm

2 teams in my league are tied with exactly the same amount of points with no on left to go tonight. What is the tiebreaker in ESPN.com leagues? Someone told me that it should be bench points, but I thought I read somewhere that in the Playoffs it is higher seed advances. In the regular season we leave these games as a tie.
#2 does a person who is in Injured Reserve slot count toward total bench points? It shows it as bench points, but didn't know if that counted for the points.
QB: Brees, Rodgers, E. Manning
RB: D. Mcf, Grant, L. Wash, R. Rice, D. Brown
WR: Megatron, Driver, Hester, Ginn, N. Washington
TE: Shiancoe, Fasano
K: Elam
D: Packers
12 teams, PPR league
cwrtlm
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: ESPN playoff tiebreakers? 2 questions.

Postby Crippler » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:02 pm

cwrtlm wrote:2 teams in my league are tied with exactly the same amount of points with no on left to go tonight. What is the tiebreaker in ESPN.com leagues? Someone told me that it should be bench points, but I thought I read somewhere that in the Playoffs it is higher seed advances. In the regular season we leave these games as a tie.
#2 does a person who is in Injured Reserve slot count toward total bench points? It shows it as bench points, but didn't know if that counted for the points.

Having bench players determine the winner makes absolutely no sense. Maybe an optimal lineup, but definately NOT bench points. Someone could have 4 backup QBs.

If you cant do optimal lineup for whatever reason, a coin flip is a heck of a lot more fair than bench points.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 17)

Postby thriftyrocker » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:16 am

For playoff games, the default tiebreaker is definitely higher seed. Happened to me last year - to my detriment.

CL Playoffs: Tie-Breaker for Playoff Games
The system does not observe your league's Regular Season tiebreaker rule during the playoffs. Rather, in the event that two teams have the same number of points at the conclusion of their playoff game, the system tiebreaker awards the win to the higher seeded team. Note: As with everything in the playoffs, the league manager has the ultimate say on which teams advance using the "Edit Playoffs" page. To this point each league can establish their own tiebreaker system (IE, Most points from QB) with the league manager advancing the team which wins it. If your league uses its own playoff tiebreakers we highly recommend pre-defining them and posting them prominently on the League Office page.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/footb ... esplayoffs
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Football Talk