Have the Jets finally settled on a RB ??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Have the Jets finally settled on a RB ???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Have the Jets finally settled on a RB ???

Postby CeeLoGreen » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:48 pm

With Barlow deactivated, Cedric Houston outrushed Leon Washington 105-40. Houston had 22 carries, his most of the season, while Washington had only 7 Plus Washington played mostly on third down. This is the first time I have seen the Jets use a featured back all season.

I picked up Houston a couple of weeks ago in a 16 team league as I saw his carries slowly increase.

He could be a nice flex option through the playoffs on a Jets team that is better than most expected.
CeeLoGreen
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:54 pm

I personally don't think the Jets have stayed with one featured back. I think it will be a one - two punch with Washington + Houston the rest of the way ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:00 pm

I think they'll be giving Houston most of the carries including the goal line touches from here on out. They were starting to lean that way with him and he was starting to run well before he got hurt. He's finally back and is running well, I think they'll stick with him.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:01 pm

nah, it's common for rbbc's to give the hot running back more carries in a game....in a td heavy league, houston is worth more than washington because he'll get the goal line carries.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skinsfan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:01 pm

I can guarantee one thing: Whoever starts next season in New York isn't on the roster this year.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:07 pm

skinsfan wrote:I can guarantee one thing: Whoever starts next season in New York isn't on the roster this year.

I doubt that. Mangini wasn't looking for a starter in Kevan Barlow. He was looking for Thunder to Washington's lightning. Leon's a good back and so is Houston. They should be fine and only get better though experience and experience on the O-line. The Jets have run-stopping needs at all positions on defense that will probably be addressed before RB.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:20 pm

Mangini isn't going to name a clear cut #1 RB. He wants competition between Houston, Barlow & Washington.

I thought Houston was running the best earlier this year until he injured his knee. Since his return from the injury I feel again that he has run the best. I think Houston will get 2/3rd's of the carries and Washington will get the remaining 1/3rd.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:36 pm

killiansjmd wrote:Mangini isn't going to name a clear cut #1 RB. He wants competition between Houston, Barlow & Washington.

I thought Houston was running the best earlier this year until he injured his knee. Since his return from the injury I feel again that he has run the best. I think Houston will get 2/3rd's of the carries and Washington will get the remaining 1/3rd.

That's what I was getting at. I agree about the split too, I think it will end up being Houston with 2/3 of the carries including the goal line touches. In a RBBC, it seems to work better to have the "lightening" back get the fewer touches because the "thunder" back pounds away at a defense (i.e. Mike Anderson last year) and the "lightening" back comes in a makes big plays (i.e. Tatum Bell last year).

I just think that Houston has looked better overall when he's been healthy this year as well.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RenT » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:49 pm

skinsfan wrote:I can guarantee one thing: Whoever starts next season in New York isn't on the roster this year.

I'll second that statement. Barlow and Blaylock won't be on the roster next year and I have never really liked Houston... the Packers' sad run D made him look really good plus he has very fresh legs having sat for most of the year. I think the Jets will end up drafting Marshawn Lynch or Kenny Irons (maybe trade for Turner, but SD might ask too much for the Jets liking) and Leon will serve as a very nice change of pace and third down back (the Jets version of Kevin Faulk).
RenT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:54 pm

RenT wrote:

I'll second that statement. Barlow and Blaylock won't be on the roster next year and I have never really liked Houston... the Packers' sad run D made him look really good plus he has very fresh legs having sat for most of the year. I think the Jets will end up drafting Marshawn Lynch or Kenny Irons (maybe trade for Turner, but SD might ask too much for the Jets liking) and Leon will serve as a very nice change of pace and third down back (the Jets version of Kevin Faulk).

That could very well be true. I know before the season started most Jets fans thought we would have a shot at Adrian Peterson in the drat next year.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk