Have the Jets finally settled on a RB ??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Have the Jets finally settled on a RB ???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:18 pm

killiansjmd wrote:That could very well be true. I know before the season started most Jets fans thought we would have a shot at Adrian Peterson in the drat next year.

I thought that for one. I personally think we should go after a run-stopper and line backer ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RenT » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:37 pm

killiansjmd wrote:
RenT wrote:
skinsfan wrote:I can guarantee one thing: Whoever starts next season in New York isn't on the roster this year.

I'll second that statement. Barlow and Blaylock won't be on the roster next year and I have never really liked Houston... the Packers' sad run D made him look really good plus he has very fresh legs having sat for most of the year. I think the Jets will end up drafting Marshawn Lynch or Kenny Irons (maybe trade for Turner, but SD might ask too much for the Jets liking) and Leon will serve as a very nice change of pace and third down back (the Jets version of Kevin Faulk).

That could very well be true. I know before the season started most Jets fans thought we would have a shot at Adrian Peterson in the drat next year.

Haha yea way to play well and ruin my absolute dream of getting Peterson... man he is a monster.

(Obviously I'll take this season over the top RB of the next draft class anyday ;-D )
RenT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:40 pm

RenT wrote:
killiansjmd wrote:
RenT wrote:
skinsfan wrote:I can guarantee one thing: Whoever starts next season in New York isn't on the roster this year.

I'll second that statement. Barlow and Blaylock won't be on the roster next year and I have never really liked Houston... the Packers' sad run D made him look really good plus he has very fresh legs having sat for most of the year. I think the Jets will end up drafting Marshawn Lynch or Kenny Irons (maybe trade for Turner, but SD might ask too much for the Jets liking) and Leon will serve as a very nice change of pace and third down back (the Jets version of Kevin Faulk).

That could very well be true. I know before the season started most Jets fans thought we would have a shot at Adrian Peterson in the drat next year.

Haha yea way to play well and ruin my absolute dream of getting Peterson... man he is a monster.

(Obviously I'll take this season over the top RB of the next draft class anyday ;-D )

Haha. IMHO, I really don't see the need for Peterson. We have tons of holes and need to fill them to stop the run defense ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:16 pm

Jets Not Naming Starting RB Yet

Jets RB Cedric Houston distinguished himself from the Jets' other running backs with a career-high 105 yards in Sunday's 38-10 win over the Packers, but he's still just one of the guys. Eric Mangini said yesterday he's not going to name a No. 1 back. "All three guys will have a chance and, whoever practices the best, will play," Mangini said, also referring to Leon Washington and Kevan Barlow, who was inactive for the first time.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk