Police Kill Suspect in PS3 Theft! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Police Kill Suspect in PS3 Theft!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:12 am

Karoz wrote:Think of this scenario: They knock on the door, state that they are the police, nobody answers. They kick down the door, and the suspect jumps up, with the controller still in his hand. Seeing a black object in the hand of the suspect, they react instantly, and fire. Afterwards, they discover that the object was merely a controller, and thus the DA launches an investigation.


Sounds about right to me. ;-D

And:

josebach wrote:The moral of the story... DON'T ROB PEOPLE!!! Oh, and when the police knock on your door, OPEN IT!!!


Great advice ;-D .

A real shame people have to be taught or told to do that. One would think those two things would be common sense. :-b
Image

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

User avatar
ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5979
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby knapplc » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:33 am

Number of times I have robbed people = 0

Number of times the police have come to my door = 0



I think those two numbers are related somehow... :-?
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:30 pm

knapplc wrote:Number of times I have robbed people = 0

Number of times the police have come to my door = 0



I think those two numbers are related somehow... :-?


Number of times I have robbed people = 0

Number of times the police have come to my door = 10+

Somehow, I don't think those numbers are related.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 749
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:45 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
knapplc wrote:Number of times I have robbed people = 0

Number of times the police have come to my door = 0



I think those two numbers are related somehow... :-?


Number of times I have robbed people = 0

Number of times the police have come to my door = 10+

Somehow, I don't think those numbers are related.


Sorry - if the police are coming to your door, there's a REASON they're coming to your door. That's my point.

You think the police randomly drive through neighborhoods and pick houses to visit, just for fun?

Why were the police coming to your door, praytell?
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:52 pm

knapplc wrote:Why were the police coming to your door, praytell?


Any number of reasons, all but one of the times was were during college, and I guess a couple in high school. Usually because they had "reports" of this or that going on, or because of too much noice, or too many people, or cars parked on the sidewalk/lawn/etc.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 749
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:00 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
knapplc wrote:Why were the police coming to your door, praytell?


Any number of reasons, all but one of the times was were during college, and I guess a couple in high school. Usually because they had "reports" of this or that going on, or because of too much noice, or too many people, or cars parked on the sidewalk/lawn/etc.


So in other words, you or someone in your house did something to deserve having the police knock on your door. I also don't think the police would have kicked in your door for a car being parked on the lawn. I'm pretty sure you knew what Knapp meant.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby Metroid » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:10 pm

I've only had the cops come to my house one time but thats because I was having a party. :-?

Oh and cuz I shanked some dood for giving me a warm beer. :-B
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:21 pm

Metroid wrote:I've only had the cops come to my house one time but thats because I was having a party. :-?


Yeah, when I was a young punk they stopped by quite often, but for good reason. O:-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:03 pm

josebach wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
knapplc wrote:Why were the police coming to your door, praytell?


Any number of reasons, all but one of the times was were during college, and I guess a couple in high school. Usually because they had "reports" of this or that going on, or because of too much noice, or too many people, or cars parked on the sidewalk/lawn/etc.


So in other words, you or someone in your house did something to deserve having the police knock on your door. I also don't think the police would have kicked in your door for a car being parked on the lawn. I'm pretty sure you knew what Knapp meant.


I know what Knapp's point was, my point was that just because the cops show up at your door doesn't mean you deserve to get shot.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 749
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:08 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
josebach wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
knapplc wrote:Why were the police coming to your door, praytell?


Any number of reasons, all but one of the times was were during college, and I guess a couple in high school. Usually because they had "reports" of this or that going on, or because of too much noice, or too many people, or cars parked on the sidewalk/lawn/etc.


So in other words, you or someone in your house did something to deserve having the police knock on your door. I also don't think the police would have kicked in your door for a car being parked on the lawn. I'm pretty sure you knew what Knapp meant.


I know what Knapp's point was, my point was that just because the cops show up at your door doesn't mean you deserve to get shot.


Who said it was? It's not like the thief tried to give the constables a warm suds or anything.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:47 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact