Favorite band? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Favorite band?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:30 pm

moonhead wrote:it's a tossup for me. kfed or floyd.

I would've never thought "Playing WithFire"-Kfed's CD and "The Wall" or any other Floyd CD! :-o
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby vitalogist » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:46 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
vitalogist wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:
pokeyjoe wrote:
pokeyjoe wrote:I kinda seperate mine into modern (90's onward) and classic.

Modern-stuff like Sublime, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Reel Big Fish, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Incubus, Streetlight Manifesto, Tenacious D, Phish...some more

Classic-The Beatles, The Who, Led Zep, Bob Marley, The Doors, Grateful Dead...more here too.

I can't narrow it down to favorites, I listen to a lot of music. I was even listening to Frank Sinatra the other day, I like old stuff too.
OMG I can't believe someone else has heard of them, that's freakin' amazing, dude if you really like reel big fish, than check out Less Than Jake, my favorite band, they are another ska band like reel big fish and are absolutely amazing, saw them at warped tour this summer!

I've heard some of Less Than Jake's stuff. They're really hit or miss for me, I like some songs and dislike others. But lucky for me as a ska fan, I live in New Jersey. Despite all the other things Jersey is made fun of for, we are the frickkin capital of ska on the East Coast. If you look at all the more popular ska bands, all of them are from California, Jersey or sometimes Canada. A semi well known ska band called The Specs has all its members from my high school. Anyway, check out Streetlight Manifesto, they're from Jersey too. I met the trumpet player in their band a few months ago. They're pretty fun to listen to overall. The singer is from the band Catch-22 which was kinda of big in the ska scene in the 90s.

I used to play in a ska band in college. We played a show with Reel Big Fish. ;-D

I like Less than Jake, they're pretty rawkin' for a ska band. Some other fun ska bands would be Skankin' Pickle, Mephiskapheles, Assorted Jellybeans.

I'd say my favorite band through my life has been Mr. Bungle (definitely not ska). ;-D

I also love-

Neurosis
Mogwai
Tool
Converge

nice. i was also a big fish fan back in the late 90's... saw them at the warped tour and bought a "i hate reel big fish" at the concert, and was hooked.... ;-D ended up seeing them a few times after that, and it was always a great show...
Reel Big Fish came to town liek a month or so ago and I wanted to go sooo bad, but couldn't and Less Than Jake came just before them and I couldn't go, and then last week zebrahead came and I couldn't see them!!!

btw, this is a list of the bands I listen to regularly.
Less Than Jake
Goldfinger
Reel Big Fish
Zebrahead

all 4 of those are insane bands, Zebrahead is a totally new style from what most of you guys have heard, but very good, and no love for the man Frank Sinatra and the rest of the Rat Pack?!?!

I agree with the poster who said there's two schools... i believe it skips decades! i love 70's rock - hendrix, zep, floyd, beatles, etc... to go with my 90's alt-rock (dont say the g-word....)

i love the old rat pack stuff, too, though. have that "christmas with the rat pack" in heavy rotation, right now. great, solid stuff. you aren't a fan of music if you dont dig that!
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:18 pm

vitalogist wrote:
vitalogist wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:
pokeyjoe wrote:
pokeyjoe wrote:I kinda seperate mine into modern (90's onward) and classic.

Modern-stuff like Sublime, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Reel Big Fish, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Incubus, Streetlight Manifesto, Tenacious D, Phish...some more

Classic-The Beatles, The Who, Led Zep, Bob Marley, The Doors, Grateful Dead...more here too.

I can't narrow it down to favorites, I listen to a lot of music. I was even listening to Frank Sinatra the other day, I like old stuff too.
OMG I can't believe someone else has heard of them, that's freakin' amazing, dude if you really like reel big fish, than check out Less Than Jake, my favorite band, they are another ska band like reel big fish and are absolutely amazing, saw them at warped tour this summer!

I've heard some of Less Than Jake's stuff. They're really hit or miss for me, I like some songs and dislike others. But lucky for me as a ska fan, I live in New Jersey. Despite all the other things Jersey is made fun of for, we are the frickkin capital of ska on the East Coast. If you look at all the more popular ska bands, all of them are from California, Jersey or sometimes Canada. A semi well known ska band called The Specs has all its members from my high school. Anyway, check out Streetlight Manifesto, they're from Jersey too. I met the trumpet player in their band a few months ago. They're pretty fun to listen to overall. The singer is from the band Catch-22 which was kinda of big in the ska scene in the 90s.

I used to play in a ska band in college. We played a show with Reel Big Fish. ;-D

I like Less than Jake, they're pretty rawkin' for a ska band. Some other fun ska bands would be Skankin' Pickle, Mephiskapheles, Assorted Jellybeans.

I'd say my favorite band through my life has been Mr. Bungle (definitely not ska). ;-D

I also love-

Neurosis
Mogwai
Tool
Converge

nice. i was also a big fish fan back in the late 90's... saw them at the warped tour and bought a "i hate reel big fish" at the concert, and was hooked.... ;-D ended up seeing them a few times after that, and it was always a great show...
Reel Big Fish came to town liek a month or so ago and I wanted to go sooo bad, but couldn't and Less Than Jake came just before them and I couldn't go, and then last week zebrahead came and I couldn't see them!!!

btw, this is a list of the bands I listen to regularly.
Less Than Jake
Goldfinger
Reel Big Fish
Zebrahead

all 4 of those are insane bands, Zebrahead is a totally new style from what most of you guys have heard, but very good, and no love for the man Frank Sinatra and the rest of the Rat Pack?!?!

I agree with the poster who said there's two schools... i believe it skips decades! i love 70's rock - hendrix, zep, floyd, beatles, etc... to go with my 90's alt-rock (dont say the g-word....)

i love the old rat pack stuff, too, though. have that "christmas with the rat pack" in heavy rotation, right now. great, solid stuff. you aren't a fan of music if you dont dig that!

Yeah, Reel Big Fish is awesome- I was first introduced to them, because my older sister gave me rides to school last year, and she always played them- that is what got me listening to ska and stuff- i really like it though.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The_Dude » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:22 pm

Ben Folds, Weezer, Cake, Green Day, Marcy Playground

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby m16a » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:31 pm

eeep.. am i the only person who isnt head over heels crazy with rock... im not a huge rock fan my taste in music roams towards rap and i like eminem and Jay-Z but so i dont get slaughtered i like a some stuff by the eagles harry chapin, green day weezer and the all american rejects.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:32 pm

m16a wrote:eeep.. am i the only person who isnt head over heels crazy with rock... im not a huge rock fan my taste in music roams towards rap and i like eminem and Jay-Z but so i dont get slaughtered i like a some stuff by the eagles harry chapin, green day weezer and the all american rejects.

You cant spell crap without the rap ;-D

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby m16a » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:34 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
m16a wrote:eeep.. am i the only person who isnt head over heels crazy with rock... im not a huge rock fan my taste in music roams towards rap and i like eminem and Jay-Z but so i dont get slaughtered i like a some stuff by the eagles harry chapin, green day weezer and the all american rejects.

like i said maybe i should have stayed shut up with my music tastes :-° :~(
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Guru13 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:33 pm

forgot to mention these guys: Dragonforce, they are a mainly instrumental band and are extremely talented, not good singers, but insanely talented, and are pretty fun to listen to, check em' out.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:49 pm

m16a wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:

like i said maybe i should have stayed shut up with my music tastes :-° :~(

Haha, im jp man, w/e u listen to is cool.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby terpfan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:35 pm

I'll stay away from rap because that doesnt seem to be too popular here. I definately mix it in though. As long as its got good flow and lyrics, not the crap on pop radio.

Some of my favorites:
Ben Folds
Blue October
Cake
Carbon Leaf
The Decemberists
Nickel Creek
The Shins
Snow Patrol
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
We Are Scientists
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk