Why I don't order on line. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Why I don't order on line.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Why I don't order on line.

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:12 pm

I ordered my son some Seahawk gear a couple weeks back for Christmas. One of the orders was for a helmet. Good thing I looked at first, it was a Falcons helmet. Now got to send it back and hope the correct helmet comes before Christmas. :-[

The best part was my wife kept telling the gal on the phone we received an Atlanta Hawks helmet. :-b
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby vitalogist » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:23 pm

i blame the madden jinx, since like you, i believe the right team got the sb jinx...
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:14 am

If you complain enough and make yourself sound very insulted that you got Falcons gear instead of your Seahawks gear, maybe the store will toss in a free jersey or something to compensate.
;-D

My worst online shopping experience was ordering a computer graphics card from some store out in California. First they send me the wrong card and insisted they didn't make a mistake when I called them about it. Told me that they sent me the right card but I proved them wrong when I read off the serial number stamped on the chip and told them that no, what they sent me wasn't a nVidia card.

So they finally relent and say they'll ship me the right card once I pay to ship the wrong one back. Hell no says I, I'm not about to pay for their mistake. After some more wrangling with the sales manager and the owner, they agreed to pay for next day shipping of the right card if I pay for the wrong card. So I paid to ship it and waited about 3 days before calling them back. They kept transfering me around a few times before the owner tells me they don't have my graphics card in stock anymore. They offered me a refund but tried to charge me with a restocking fee, so instead, I dispute their charges with my credit card company and get all my money back, including the money I spent to ship their mistake back to them.

Moral of the story, ALWAYS use a credit card for online shopping and be very leery of small stores with little to no online reputation.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Leber » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:18 am

I've only bought a couple things online, but my experience so far has been really good. My worst experience was when I bought a Dallas Cowboys hat from Ebay and when it arrived I realized that I ordered a hat one size too big(oh man i felt stupid). So when I emailed the seller, he told me to pay to ship it back and he would send me the right size. A couple days pass and I have the hat in the right size. ;-D
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:46 am

Got my big-a$$ TV off the net...no problems there. ;-D

Got my whole sound system off there too, as well as a bunch of sports stuff. I love the online shopping...I don't have to go anywhere to buy anything, and it comes to me. As long as you're willing to not see what you're buying until it comes, it's the way to go. :-)

That is a pretty funny story though...hopefully everything works out and you can get something else for free because of it.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Karoz » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:56 am

That's a funny story. As previously mentioned, try to sound like you are angry, and maybe you will get some free credit online. Often times, I'll order a pizza from Domino's, and when it gets here, I'll claim that they made a mistake. If I sound angry enough, they will usually credit an order or two of bread sticks to my account.

Anyhow, my experience with online shopping has been fairly good. I ordered a 5 foot Christmas Tree online for $50. They made a mistake and sent me the 7 foot tree for the same price. Saved around $40.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:31 am

Buy from amazon.com all the time with no problems. (knocks on wood). :-o

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby awwchrist » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:05 am

http://www.resellerratings.com

good site for customer reviews on e-tailers.

"Atlanta Hawks"..lol
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:53 am

It's too bad it was a stinkin' Falcons helmet, I can't even make a joke about how it's an upgrade from the SeaParakeets one you ordered... }:-)

My worst online shopping experience was an eBay purchase a couple of years back. I have bought about a dozen different items off eBay for myself, and my wife bought about another dozen items through my account without ever having a problem, including some higher-end goods like jewellry and golf clubs...

Well, a couple years back I decided I had waited long enough, I wanted to get a PS2. At the time, here in Montreal they were still going for around $250CAD, and the Network Adaptor was not included (tack on an extra $45CAD) - with taxes included I was looking at around $340 for the system I wanted if I bought it here.

So I look on eBay and I find a number (a number best described as a sh*t-ton) of PS2s and XboXes from some seller whose id I now no longer remember. He's offering the system with 2 controllers, 5 games (mostly 3rd tier scrap but who cares?), the Network Adaptor, and the Gametap (for up to 4 controllers) for a cool $135USD+$25USD for shipping. Obviously I was a bit leery of it, so I did some digging in his profile for feedback - he had over 10k (!!!) positive feedback but only ~95% rating so I took a look through the complaints to see what the dealio was... Well, most (I'd say about 99%) of the complaints were people b*tching about $25USD being too high for FedEx Ground shipping, or complaints that 2 weeks was too long to wait after paying $25 for shipping. Since I was not so concerned with the wait (I was shipping to a friend's place in Dallas since he didn't ship to Canada and I wouldn't be there for another 6 weeks anyway) I figured it was worth it and I bought the system - 10k positive feedback with the majority of complaints being about shipping taking too long or being too expensive seemed safe, no?

Well - the week that I bought from the guy the poop hit the fan - for some reason he skipped with about 500 systems worth of outstanding orders owed to people :-o

It took me 3 months to get the money back - first tried through eBay with no joy, then through PayPal same thing, and finally got it back through the Visa itself...

In the end, by the time I got the charges reversed and the $$ credited back to the card the system prices here had dropped and they started including the Network Adaptor with the system and I paid about the same for a brand new one... Only lost the 5 games, 2nd controller, and the Gametap out of the eBay deal...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Matthias » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:07 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Buy from amazon.com all the time with no problems. (knocks on wood). :-o

Same. Amazon rocks. Especially with Prime (second-best spending of money I made in 2006).
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to General Talk