Why I don't order on line. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Why I don't order on line.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Twisted Sister » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:32 pm

beanoX3 wrote:If you complain enough and make yourself sound very insulted that you got Falcons gear instead of your Seahawks gear, maybe the store will toss in a free jersey or something to compensate.
;-D

My worst online shopping experience was ordering a computer graphics card from some store out in California. First they send me the wrong card and insisted they didn't make a mistake when I called them about it. Told me that they sent me the right card but I proved them wrong when I read off the serial number stamped on the chip and told them that no, what they sent me wasn't a nVidia card.

So they finally relent and say they'll ship me the right card once I pay to ship the wrong one back. Hell no says I, I'm not about to pay for their mistake. After some more wrangling with the sales manager and the owner, they agreed to pay for next day shipping of the right card if I pay for the wrong card. So I paid to ship it and waited about 3 days before calling them back. They kept transfering me around a few times before the owner tells me they don't have my graphics card in stock anymore. They offered me a refund but tried to charge me with a restocking fee, so instead, I dispute their charges with my credit card company and get all my money back, including the money I spent to ship their mistake back to them.

Moral of the story, ALWAYS use a credit card for online shopping and be very leery of small stores with little to no online reputation.

newegg.com .... learn it and love it for computer components ;-D
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:36 pm

I order almost everything on line nowadays. I'm too busy to be going to stores and dealing with sales tax.

I order it and then grab it at home.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:06 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I order almost everything on line nowadays. I'm too busy to be going to stores and dealing with sales tax.

I would rather see, touch, & feel what I'm going to buy. Guess I'm old school. I only buy on line if I can't get at a local store.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:13 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:I order almost everything on line nowadays. I'm too busy to be going to stores and dealing with sales tax.

I would rather see, touch, & feel what I'm going to buy. Guess I'm old school. I only buy on line if I can't get at a local store.

That's me too. I don't buy anything online. Never have. My wife buys quite a bit of stuff on eBay, though, but I think that's one of the reasons why I choose not to purchase things online. She's had a couple bad experiences with things being broken, no tracking, etc. and I'd like to avoid that trouble if possible. Being in Omaha, a smaller city, things aren't always available to me, so I suppose if I came across a situation where I wanted something that wasn't in a store near me, and didn't want to travel to get it, I would buy it online and cross my fingers.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:48 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:newegg.com .... learn it and love it for computer components ;-D

Yea, Newegg is the best place IMO for computer parts. The last computer I built, I bought most of my parts from Newegg and they sent me a bunch of free stuff. Even those little tags you can attach to your case to declare that you bought from Newegg, LOL.

Anyways, another place to look up online vendors is http://www.bizrate.com. ;-D
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Why I don't order on line.

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:22 pm

SeaWolf wrote: Good thing I looked at first, it was a Falcons helmet.

That's just gross! :-P
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Muenster22 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:00 pm

lmcjaho wrote:(I'd say about 99%) of the complaints were people b*tching about $25USD being too high for FedEx Ground shipping

It's a good way to make extra cash while selling stuff on eBay. Especially if you are selling low priced items such as old video games. I would sell them for $10 then pocket $5 off the shipping because I would charge $7 and it only costs $2. That's how me and my friends do it.
Muenster22
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:52 am

Do not equate Ebay experiences with online shopping... they are two different animals.

I buy stuff from Amazon all the time:

1) free shipping
2) accurate (I've bought literally hundreds of packages since 1997 and they haven't messed up an order yet)
3) low prices
4) major convenience
5) pretty easy return policy... from what I hear ;-)

When it comes to clothes and such, yeah I need to go into a store to touch, feel, and try it on.

When it comes to games, books, toys, dvds, electronics... I go online.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:57 am

Twisted Sister wrote:When it comes to clothes and such, yeah I need to go into a store to touch, feel, and try it on.

I agree with that. However, you can order stuff online from some clothes stores and return it in-store.

It's really convenient if there is sales on-line, but the store's selection is awful. I've bought some a couple pairs of jeans really cheap online, one pair didn't fit, and just returned it in-store.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:58 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:When it comes to clothes and such, yeah I need to go into a store to touch, feel, and try it on.

I agree with that. However, you can order stuff online from some clothes stores and return it in-store.

It's really convenient if there is sales on-line, but the store's selection is awful. I've bought some a couple pairs of jeans really cheap online, one pair didn't fit, and just returned it in-store.

Good suggestion, I'll have to try that. Especially when I get those coupons in the mail, but never have time to hit the mall before it expires.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk