Man killed over warm beer - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Man killed over warm beer

Moderator: Football Moderators

Man killed over warm beer

Postby stomperrob » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:22 am

Apparently this woman prefers her beer properly chilled:
ST. LOUIS: Warm beer led to killing, police say

12/04/2006

A St. Louis man was shot to death Sunday night over a warm beer, police said.

St. Louis police say a woman shot her husband, who was about 70 years old, four to five times in the chest after he tried giving her a warm can of Stag beer.

Police said the wife admitted shooting him about 5:40 p.m. in the kitchen of their home in the 5100 block of Terry Avenue. Police said the home had no electricity at the time.

Homicide detectives would not identify the man. The woman, whom police also did not identify, was taken into custody.
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 160)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Postby Mugrila » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:37 am

:-?

Is this really what the world is coming to?
Image
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 633
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Watching the Seahawks win the NFC

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:39 am

they both got what they deserved 8-o
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:40 am

Mugrila wrote::-?

Is this really what the world is coming to?


Was it really because of the warm beer or because the woman was psycho? There have always been psychos in the world and there always will.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby Mugrila » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:44 am

josebach wrote:
Mugrila wrote::-?

Is this really what the world is coming to?


Was it really because of the warm beer or because the woman was psycho? There have always been psychos in the world and there always will.


That's what I'm sort of confused about; why report it was just over the beer when most likely something else was the root of it. Esp. since there was no electricity so I would expect things to not be refrigerated.
Image
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 633
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Watching the Seahawks win the NFC

Postby Metroid » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:52 am

Mugrila wrote:
josebach wrote:
Mugrila wrote::-?

Is this really what the world is coming to?


Was it really because of the warm beer or because the woman was psycho? There have always been psychos in the world and there always will.


That's what I'm sort of confused about; why report it was just over the beer when most likely something else was the root of it. Esp. since there was no electricity so I would expect things to not be refrigerated.


Yeah the headline could have read, "Woman shoot husband for not paying electricity bill."
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby Mugrila » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:56 am

Metroid wrote:Yeah the headline could have read, "Woman shoot husband for not paying electricity bill."


Sounds a little more plausible to me. :*)
Image
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 633
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Watching the Seahawks win the NFC

Postby Metroid » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:04 pm

Mugrila wrote:
Metroid wrote:Yeah the headline could have read, "Woman shoot husband for not paying electricity bill."


Sounds a little more plausible to me. :*)


Me too. ;-D

Or even, "Woman shoots husband for serving her a can of Stagg beer."
Image
Did'nt he read the label? Thats a mans beer! :-b
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby josebach » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:14 pm

Metroid wrote:
Mugrila wrote:
Metroid wrote:Yeah the headline could have read, "Woman shoot husband for not paying electricity bill."


Sounds a little more plausible to me. :*)


Me too. ;-D

Or even, "Woman shoots husband for serving her a can of Stagg beer."
Image
Did'nt he read the label? Thats a mans beer! :-b


Or even, "Woman shoots husband 5 times because he wouldn't stop nagging her about being shot the first time."
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Postby knapplc » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:16 pm

Are you guys even reading the same story I'm reading? :-?



THE BEER WAS WARM!!!!!



What part about that don't you get?



Honestly, I think she showed remarkable restraint in only plugging the guy four times.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:50 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact