Did the commish make me lose? Espn. (Updated) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Did the commish make me lose? Espn. (Updated)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Did the commish make me lose? Espn. (Updated)

Postby Tusin » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:11 pm

Ok so last night before the game between Carolina and Philly. I was 27 points down in my ESPN league. I had D. Williams left and he had LJ Smith. LJ smith scored 0. D. Williams scored 29 for me So at the end of the night I was two points up. And I know with Espn leagues, the scores always change a little bit by morning. But this time its strange. It has me losing by 1 point. And in the box score, there is a new box saying "Scoring Adjustment". First question to any ESPN commish's. Is that something that the Commish did? Because usally when scores change, they just change, I have never seen a new box for it. And is there a way to see who the points got adjusted for? I tried looking at the ESPN Stat Changes, but it has nothing listed for any of his players, nothing listed at all.

I was not playing the Commish. BUT, the commish is on the bubble. And needs me to win my next week game (along with him winning) so he can make the playoffs. My playoff schedule is looking good. And he has told me he does not want to face me in the first round (we start @ week 15). My point is, I think he changed my score so that I would lose, so that if he does get into the playoffs he would not face me in the first round.
Last edited by Tusin on Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TaDa » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:12 pm

The only time that you will see scoring adjustment filled in is if the Commish manually adjusted the scoring.

He changed something.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby Tusin » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:16 pm

Yeah he must have. Cause if I add up the point's, it still shows me winning by 2. And I cannot find any stat corrections to justify the scoring change at all.
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TaDa » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:20 pm

Here's the only thing wrong with your thinking. You said that he needs a win as well as for you to win for him to even make the playoffs. If he didn't adjust the scoring and just let you win that week, I'd assume that the only thing left would be him having to win to make the playoffs.

Any which way, it looks fishy. If you think that it's cheating, you can always email ESPN and they can look into it.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby knapplc » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:25 pm

Without any other evidence it seems pretty clear that he made a manual scoring change.

First thing (and do this today) ask him for an explanation.

If he fails to respond (or you don't believe his response), bring it to the rest of the league.

If nothing still gets done, email ESPN. Make sure you do all of this ASAP. ESPN gets a bazillion emails and may not have time to make corrections right away. Get the first two steps done ASAP and if it fails get your email to ESPN by Thursday at the latest.

Good luck!
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Tusin » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:57 pm

Yeah I will just talk to him today when I see him. I am pretty sure he did it so he won't have to face me in the first round. And if that is the case, I MIGHT just let him slide, but maybe not. The person I played this last week, is out of the playoffs.

And I am already locked up for a playoff spot. What he needs, is for me to Beat the team next week. If I was playing any other team, I could lose and have no bearing on him getting into the playoffs. He just need's the team that I am playing next week to lose.
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BeefSandwiches » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:28 pm

Tusin wrote:Yeah I will just talk to him today when I see him. I am pretty sure he did it so he won't have to face me in the first round. And if that is the case, I MIGHT just let him slide, but maybe not. The person I played this last week, is out of the playoffs.

And I am already locked up for a playoff spot. What he needs, is for me to Beat the team next week. If I was playing any other team, I could lose and have no bearing on him getting into the playoffs. He just need's the team that I am playing next week to lose.

NO, NO, NO, NO.

You can't let this slide no matter what his reason is - a corrupt commish will eventually bring down your league and this cannot go on or you should find a new league.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Tusin » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:44 pm

Yeah that is very very true. What he might be doing, is that yesterday after he told me that if I lost this past game, then him and I would see each other in the first round of the playoffs. And both of us don't want that. So I said "Ok cool, so maybe it's good that I lost". Cause I didn't think D. Williams would score that many points. I would rather have the win, and be in third (Actually in second, but we have two divisions, so the leader of the other division is getting the second bye).

It's strange too. On ESPN's front page of FF. It is listed as me as winning. But on our "team" page, it says I lost.
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Twisted Sister » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:04 pm

Ok, you go from intially being upset with the commish to colluding with him.

this is crazy, I'd toss both of you from my league :-t
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tusin » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:06 pm

Twisted I think you are reading it wrong (could be my bad). Yesterday BEFORE the Monday night game, I said "we'll it's not so bad that I lost, at least we won't play each other in the first round" (directed towards the commish), just trying to look at SOMETHING positive. I said that, because I did not think that D. Williams would do as well as he did, I knew he would do well, but not like that. But I still want/ed to win. There is NOTHING wrong with talking to other league members saying "I don't want to see you in the first or second round". As long as you don't try to throw a game or something to make it happen.

ANYWAYS. I found out what happened and I am not to happy about it, so I am still seeking advice, the story is going to get even more messed up;)

So the team that I played last week (I have a post on here about it from awhile ago too). I managed. It was my bosses team. And he wasn't really into it. He actually didn't even draft, but the person who was sposed to play dropped out after the first week, and we asked if he would take his spot (he played with us last year) and he did. It started in the first couple of weeks to me helping him with his lineup, to him not doing anything with it and I doing all of it. So this week rolls around, and it is the first and only week I play him. So in fairness, I ask the commish if he could do his lineup for him. He had J. Plummer, so I picked up Cutler off of waivers for him. I did not put him in the lineup because I did want nothing to do with it that week. Anyways, the commish "forgot" to do the lineup. And left J. Plummer in there. So that is his justification. And why he added the points to make me lose.

My thinking is this. That doesnt matter! I feel like I am getting punished for helping my boss out, and even the league out. And also, I have played teams in the past that "forgot" to change there players when they were on bye. Is this different? If ya'll agree with what he did, let me know and I will drop it.
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk