Did the commish make me lose? Espn. (Updated) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Did the commish make me lose? Espn. (Updated)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:34 am

The commish is aboslutlely cheating. Tell him exactly what you said right here in the thread. Tell him that him forgetting to put Cutler in was HIS mistake, not yours. Then tell him he's a pansy if he's that afraid of playing you first round that he's willing to change scores in order for that to happen.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tusin » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:46 am

That is what I am thinking as well. I feel bad because he is a friend and I have to work with him, nor do I want to cause a scene. And I do feel gratefull to him for teaching me ALOT about fantasy football. BUT, if I was the commish, I would never do this. I think the only arguement that there is, is that I had and have had control over this other team. But I went to the commish on Tuesday, after I put in for the Waiver on Cutler. And asked him if he could do the lineup. So its not like I asked him on Saturday night, he had pleanty of time to make the switch or any switches for that matter. And it is my fault that he did not do it? I could, but won't stoop to his level and throw my game this week, and then he will have no chance for the playoffs.

I think what I might do is put a message on the our smack board and put it to a league vote.
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby slowride » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:56 am

Honestly if it's going to cause tension at work then just forget about it unless theres a sizeable pot. It's only a game afterall. Just don't play with him again. And really I wouldn't hang out with him much any more considering he's a giant douche.
Slowride is burning.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby codered7 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:00 am

Tusin wrote:That is what I am thinking as well. I feel bad because he is a friend and I have to work with him, nor do I want to cause a scene. And I do feel gratefull to him for teaching me ALOT about fantasy football. BUT, if I was the commish, I would never do this. I think the only arguement that there is, is that I had and have had control over this other team. But I went to the commish on Tuesday, after I put in for the Waiver on Cutler. And asked him if he could do the lineup. So its not like I asked him on Saturday night, he had pleanty of time to make the switch or any switches for that matter. And it is my fault that he did not do it? I could, but won't stoop to his level and throw my game this week, and then he will have no chance for the playoffs.

I think what I might do is put a message on the our smack board and put it to a league vote.

Ask him politely to change it back, and then ask him if he did this ever before. If he it was just a small mistake, and he fixes it let it slide. Buuuuut if he don't do anything, Don't play w/ this foo!
thnx madaslives911 fo the sig! you da man!

Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ocho Cinco Biatch! O ok.
codered7
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Peacesells » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:03 pm

Actually, this isn't such a clear case of "cheating" as some of you are making it out to be. The commish had an obligation to post a starting qb to the lineup which he forgot to do. This responsibility was to the whole league, not just the absent owner. It looks as though he found his mistake and made the appropriate judgement by putting in the points Cutler would have gotten anyway. I don't believe it is appropriate to hang the commish when he was just trying to fix a mistake.

I would just take you loss...since you should have lost anyway against a full line up. You are in the playoffs anyway so it shouldn't really matter.

Peace
PLEASE RATE MY AUCTION DRAFT. CLICK BELOW.
viewtopic.php?t=340649
Peacesells
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Tusin » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:22 pm

That is exactlly what I am doing. I talked to him about it today. Told him that, I am OK with the loss because I am still in the playoffs. But if anything happens like this again, I will not be joining up next year. I still revert to the thinking of people forgetting to change players out during bye's. That is actually how I won one of my games mid-season. The funny thing is, is that again it was Plummer. Part of the reason he was not allowed the points, was because we are able to change players up to gametime for each game. And it was a Monday night denver game and he still did not change it. But I will take that one, it was the team that beat me last year by 4points to get into the Championship game. And I am probably playing him again in week 15.
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk