"Bong Hits 4 Jesus" case goes to Supreme Court - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

"Bong Hits 4 Jesus" case goes to Supreme Court

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby josebach » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:15 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:I don't want to get in to labels. If it's something you don't see, well fuhgetaboutit. :-)

Maybe you should spend some more time here? If you did, I think you'd see that we have every degree of liberal, moderate and conservative here. With all the conflicting viewpoints flying around, I don't know how anyone could make a generalization about the people here.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:18 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
josebach wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I can't tell if you are directing that question at me in particular, or just asking it in a general sense, but maybe that's because I don't really understand the question. What "difference" are you talking about?

Purely an observation coming from someone who has participated in both forums and seen a distinct difference. One that I'm inclined to believe it pretty easy for anyone to see if they spend the time to discuss issues in depth on each forum.

I've participated in both forums also, and I'm still not really sure what difference you mean. It's ok to spell it out, nobody from the light side will attack you. :-)

I see the difference in how each forum (light side/dark side) communicate. the discussions over here seem to breakdown into more moral issues (in general and not every last one of them) dark side seems to be tinted with a lot more light hearted spin.
and you guys who visit both know it.

maybe acting ignorant about the differeces actually sums up the difference between the two forums. none of this is fact only opinion.

Are you saying the differences are intentional? That would be an interesting point to hear supported.

Of course there will be differences between any two random groups of people and how they interact. That's to be understood. What I am looking for are specifics about what is different and why. Simply stating there are differences is like saying the sun rises in the East - nobody really needs to be told that.

If it's simply a matter of two separate groups of people speaking about things differently then it's a moot point. If there's an intentional reason behind the difference, that's something worth discussing.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:22 pm

haha...this has taken a funny turn. Anyway, the reason I responded in the first place is because I thought Christy was saying that my arguments differ depending on whether I'm posting on the football side or baseball side.

Though it's clear now what point he was making: that those of us who post predominantly on the baseball cafe are smarter, more eloquent, funnier, and better looking.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:24 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:haha...this has taken a funny turn. Anyway, the reason I responded in the first place is because I thought Christy was saying that my arguments differ depending on whether I'm posting on the football side or baseball side.

Though it's clear now what point he was making: that those of us who post predominantly on the baseball cafe are smarter, more eloquent, funnier, and better looking.

Yes, clearly that was his point. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:24 pm

knapplc wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
josebach wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I can't tell if you are directing that question at me in particular, or just asking it in a general sense, but maybe that's because I don't really understand the question. What "difference" are you talking about?

Purely an observation coming from someone who has participated in both forums and seen a distinct difference. One that I'm inclined to believe it pretty easy for anyone to see if they spend the time to discuss issues in depth on each forum.

I've participated in both forums also, and I'm still not really sure what difference you mean. It's ok to spell it out, nobody from the light side will attack you. :-)

I see the difference in how each forum (light side/dark side) communicate. the discussions over here seem to breakdown into more moral issues (in general and not every last one of them) dark side seems to be tinted with a lot more light hearted spin.

maybe acting ignorant about the differeces actually sums up the difference between the two forums. none of this is fact only opinion.

Are you saying the differences are intentional? That would be an interesting point to hear supported.

Of course there will be differences between any two random groups of people and how they interact. That's to be understood. What I am looking for are specifics about what is different and why. Simply stating there are differences is like saying the sun rises in the East - nobody really needs to be told that.

If it's simply a matter of two separate groups of people speaking about things differently then it's a moot point. If there's an intentional reason behind the difference, that's something worth discussing.

I think what she's basically saying is we're not as sophisticated as the dark side. :-/

josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:25 pm

Redskins Win wrote:I see the difference in how each forum (light side/dark side) communicate. the discussions over here seem to breakdown into more moral issues (in general and not every last one of them) dark side seems to be tinted with a lot more light hearted spin.

People are much more laid back on the Lightside than they are on the Darkside, possibly due to that 'light hearted spin' you speak of.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:25 pm

knapplc wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
josebach wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:

obviously two seperate or slightly mixed from one side to the other will have a different atmosphere and dialogue interaction and i think that's what chrisy was trying to point out with out ruffling feathers

here are the same stories each one from ORS from each cafe there is a definate difference in content and interaction
Light Side
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=312383

Dark Side
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=243052
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:31 pm

Redskins Win wrote:obviously two seperate or slightly mixed from one side to the other will have a different atmosphere and dialogue interaction and i think that's what chrisy was trying to point out with out ruffling feathers

here are the same stories each one from ORS from each cafe there is a definate difference in content and interaction
Light Side
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=312383

Dark Side
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=243052

I'm not sure what's the correct answer, but if I had to pick, I'd say the MUCH more interesting thread is the light side's version. ;-D
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:32 pm

josebach wrote:I think what she's basically saying is we're not as sophisticated as the dark side. :-/

I think Christy's a guy. O:-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:44 pm

Redskins Win wrote:obviously two seperate or slightly mixed from one side to the other will have a different atmosphere and dialogue interaction and i think that's what chrisy was trying to point out with out ruffling feathers

knapplc wrote: Of course there will be differences between any two random groups of people and how they interact. That's to be understood. What I am looking for are specifics about what is different and why. Simply stating there are differences is like saying the sun rises in the East - nobody really needs to be told that.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk