Dumb thief award - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Dumb thief award

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dumb thief award

Postby stomperrob » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:00 pm

A thief in Louisiana was arrested when he went into a gas station wearing a mask, gun in hand, and demanded cash - unfortunately for him, standing in line at the counter was a member of the police department's robbery task force - IN UNIFORM!!! He was promptly arrested for armed robbery (unknown if he was also charged for being stupid in a public place).

Nov. 22, 2006, 11:42AM
Thief foiled by failure to observe
Associated Press

SHREVEPORT, La. — A masked gunman walked into a gas station and demanded money, apparently not noticing that the line at the counter included a uniformed police officer.

L.J. Scott, a member of the Police Department's armed robbery task force, told the would-be robber to put his own hands up.

Scott took the handgun and arrested Derek Pierson Jr., 21, of Stockton, Calif., police department spokeswoman Kacee Hargrave said.

Hargrave said Pierson was booked into the city jail on a charge of armed robbery with a firearm.

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:03 pm

Imagine you're in line to buy a soda at the gas station and some nitwit walks in wearing a mask and demands money, then the guy behind you who just happens to be a uniformed cop takes the guy's gun away and arrests him.

Imagine being that guy. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:09 pm

knapplc wrote:Imagine you're in line to buy a soda at the gas station and some nitwit walks in wearing a mask and demands money, then the guy behind you who just happens to be a uniformed cop takes the guy's gun away and arrests him.

Haha, I would probably just start laughing on the spot- that would be ridiculous.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby stomperrob » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:14 pm

knapplc wrote:Imagine you're in line to buy a soda at the gas station and some nitwit walks in wearing a mask and demands money, then the guy behind you who just happens to be a uniformed cop takes the guy's gun away and arrests him.

Ya probably wouldn't believe it - I'd be lookin' around for the cameras thinkin' it was a prank, lol!
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mugrila » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:18 pm

Where are you finding these ridiculous stories Rob? :-b
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:33 pm

Mugrila wrote:Where are you finding these ridiculous stories Rob? :-b

I got bored and was looking for some humorous but true stories and I ran bizarre news on Google and came up with all kinds of good sites!
stomperrob

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:39 pm

That's not really a dumb thief. It's just totally horrible luck, LOL.

Anyways, the best dumb thief stories have got to be the ones where the thief leaves behind his wallet which happens to have ID with his address on it.

My personal dumb thief story:
I was walking into a convenience store and passed by a couple kids standing outside the door selling Hersey bars for $2 each. I declined since I was only looking to buy some smokes, but when I walked out, I was a bit lazy in putting my change ($2) into my wallet and was just holding it in my hand with the bills flapping around. So I'm just about to pass the two kids when one of them yanks my change out of my hand and him and his buddy take off running. I stand there a bit confused, then calmly walked over to their candy they left behind and took all of it.

So they stole $2 from me, but I ended up with 60 Hershey bars. ;-D Good deal IMO.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:47 pm

beanoX3 wrote:That's not really a dumb thief. It's just totally horrible luck, LOL.

Anyways, the best dumb thief stories have got to be the ones where the thief leaves behind his wallet which happens to have ID with his address on it.

I was walking into a convenience store and passed by a couple kids standing outside the door selling Hersey bars for $2 each. I declined since I was only looking to buy some smokes, but when I walked out, I was a bit lazy in putting my change ($2) into my wallet and was just holding it in my hand with the bills flapping around. So I'm just about to pass the two kids when one of them yanks my change out of my hand and him and his buddy take off running. I stand there a bit confused, then calmly walked over to their candy they left behind and took all of it.

So they stole $2 from me, but I ended up with 60 Hershey bars. ;-D Good deal IMO.

Now, that is funny! ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:50 pm

beanoX3 wrote:That's not really a dumb thief. It's just totally horrible luck, LOL.

yeah that's a dumb theif. you have to case the joint first, every self respecting robber knows this.

your story on the other hand is quite amusing ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk