Rose Bowl - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Rose Bowl

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:58 am

Atog wrote:I've heard from two separate sources--both friends of friends, of course--that Lloyd Carr is planning on retiring and that an announcement is expected this month, if not in the next week.
I'll believe it when I see/hear it, of course, but I feel obligated to let you guys know ;-D

Wouldn't make much sense to leave with the returning players Michigan has for next year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:53 am

CC wrote:
Atog wrote:I've heard from two separate sources--both friends of friends, of course--that Lloyd Carr is planning on retiring and that an announcement is expected this month, if not in the next week.
I'll believe it when I see/hear it, of course, but I feel obligated to let you guys know ;-D

Wouldn't make much sense to leave with the returning players Michigan has for next year.

Is there a lot of pressure from people up there for him to leave? What do the UM fans and alums feel about Carr up there?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:26 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
CC wrote:

Is there a lot of pressure from people up there for him to leave? What do the UM fans and alums feel about Carr up there?

There is some rumbling from fans about wanting someone else, but I don't know who they expect to find that is better (NC, 70%+ winning percentage) unless Cowher decides he wants to coach UM.

Debord is getting a lot of hate however, his vanilla playcalling was pathetic, Lloyd is very loyal though, so it is unlikely that he goes anywhere.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:21 pm

CC wrote:

Neither person I heard from was inside the program per se, so it's hard to tell, but one person said that Carr has medical issues and was going to hang it up earlier this year but didn't after Bo's death, and the other didn't say why he was retiring but said he was going to last year but didn't want to leave with a 7-5 record.

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to College Football