Is this tactic legit? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is this tactic legit?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SeaWolf » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:18 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Seawolf, how is it collusion if you are taking a 0 to benefit your team (not to help the other guy)?

I see how starting a guy who's out could be "deceitful". But personally, I think that at some point you have to judge intent.

I didn't say it was colluison. I just said that if something came up like collusion or anything else including this. Obviously by doing this you are not in collusion with another team, but I still this this tactic is wrong.

I see the intent is to not fill a proper lineup so you may not lose any points. To me that is totally wrong.

I may seem a little uptight right now, but that previous reply came as I just wrote a nasty letter to my mortgage company, and it wasn't a very nice letter. :-[

But I still feel that this is wrong. There is nothing anyone can say that can change my mind. I would not alow this to happen in my league unless I was overruled by my fellow league mates.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgan » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:59 am

SeaWolf wrote:
buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Seawolf, how is it collusion if you are taking a 0 to benefit your team (not to help the other guy)?

I see how starting a guy who's out could be "deceitful". But personally, I think that at some point you have to judge intent.

I didn't say it was colluison. I just said that if something came up like collusion or anything else including this. Obviously by doing this you are not in collusion with another team, but I still this this tactic is wrong.

I see the intent is to not fill a proper lineup so you may not lose any points. To me that is totally wrong.

I may seem a little uptight right now, but that previous reply came as I just wrote a nasty letter to my mortgage company, and it wasn't a very nice letter. :-[

But I still feel that this is wrong. There is nothing anyone can say that can change my mind. I would not alow this to happen in my league unless I was overruled by my fellow league mates.

ROFL. Mortgage companies...the first cousin to credit card companies. ;-)

Hey, it's your league, and if you're giving the owners a vote on the matter, I have no problem with you trying to implement that rule. I would happen to vote against it, but that's the beauty of democracy. Didn't mean that to be an insult to your reputation as a Commish.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby 4Pack » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:25 am

Yeah...nothing wrong with this tactic. It is no different than sitting say....your pitchers at the end of the week in fantasy baseball to insure that you win the ERA/WHIP categories.
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:12 pm

So then SeaWolf (not trying to attack your abilities as a commish here), suppose someone is heading into Monday Night up by one point and has their QB left to play. Would you make them play their QB?
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SeaWolf » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:06 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:So then SeaWolf (not trying to attack your abilities as a commish here), suppose someone is heading into Monday Night up by one point and has their QB left to play. Would you make them play their QB?

According to our rules right now. Yes, you MUST start 1 QB.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Munboy » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:38 pm

The problem here is where do you draw the line? Is a person trying to avoid possible negative points from a QB? Or is the person trying to lose a game to help another team? Or is the person trying to lose a game so that he will get to face a team he prefers to face?

The best thing to do is force a person to field a complete team or receive zero points for the week. Also, when it's obvious somebody is trying to throw a game, their team should be adjusted to best possible lineup and locked.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk