Flatulence forces emergency landing - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Flatulence forces emergency landing

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:42 am

American flight diverts to Nashville after woman lights match to mask gas

Updated: 9:44 p.m. CT Dec 5, 2006

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - It is considered polite to light a match after passing gas. But not while on a plane.

An American Airlines flight was forced to make an emergency landing Monday morning after a passenger lit a match to disguise the scent of flatulence, authorities said.

The Dallas-bound flight was diverted to Nashville after several passengers reported smelling burning sulfur from the matches, said Lynne Lowrance, spokeswoman for the Nashville International Airport Authority. All 99 passengers and five crew members were taken off and screened while the plane was searched and luggage was screened.

The FBI questioned a passenger who admitted she struck the matches in an attempt to conceal a "body odor," Lowrance said. She had an unspecified medical condition, authorities said.

"It's humorous in a way, but you feel sorry for the individual, as well," she said. "It's unusual that someone would go to those measures to cover it up."

The flight took off again, but the woman was not allowed back on the plane. The woman, who was not identified, was not charged in the incident.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:20 am

All I have to say to that woman is, "Your and idiot....stinky."
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Flux » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:26 am

Most planes have emergency landings for lack of gas...not excess 8-o
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:57 am

Flux wrote:Most planes have emergency landings for lack of gas...not excess 8-o

It's not even close. Flux has the best made sig I've ever seen in terms of originality and skill of the artwork. Plus it's not even very new.

Anyways, funny story. They did the test on mythbusters with the match and it didn't seem to work.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:08 pm

I had burritos for lunch and supper last night. I'm pretty sure I could have brought down a plane this morning with the results of those meals. 8-o
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:09 pm

skibrett15 wrote:They did the test on mythbusters with the match and it didn't seem to work.

I remember seeing that one and I think you're right, it didn't technically work. I believe it didn't get rid of the smell, just disguised it.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:26 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:They did the test on mythbusters with the match and it didn't seem to work.

I remember seeing that one and I think you're right, it didn't technically work. I believe it didn't get rid of the smell, just disguised it.

What the heck happened to mythbusters? That's probably my favorite show on TV right now and I haven't seen an episode in two or three weeks. Are they on hiatus?

And where the heck is Queer Eye for the Straight Guy? I'm missing all of my good shows! :~(
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:28 pm

Ha ORS you must listen to Howard Stern in the mornings too. ;-D

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:28 pm

knapplc wrote:What the heck happened to mythbusters? That's probably my favorite show on TV right now and I haven't seen an episode in two or three weeks. Are they on hiatus?

They're still on. I don't know their schedule, but I've been seeing bits and pieces of it recently. They built a new buster, I know that.

Mookie4ever wrote:Ha ORS you must listen to Howard Stern in the mornings too.

Actually I can't stand Howard Stern. I have Sirius, but don't listen to him. I know quite a few people who love him, and I've tried to listen to him, but I can't stand him. I think I found the story on MSNBC or something.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:27 pm

what are stinky people suppose to do when they need to fly. i mean if you have a glandular problem hey you still need to get to dallas. i do advise against lighting anything on an airplane maybe she should've tapped a bunch of bounce to her. or i guess her pits could've been a good place for a stick up.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk