Long Term Value Of Tarvaris Jackson??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Long Term Value Of Tarvaris Jackson???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Members Only Jackets » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:28 pm

I'd rather have Tarvaris Jackson in keepers --assuming you can wait for him. In 2 years he'll have more value than Rex...maybe sooner.
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ngub12 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:40 am

jackson could be a good pick up. i didnt follow him in college but i did catch the last couple preseason games this year. he looked like a solid playmaker. throwing the ball down field and running the ball as well. i do admit this it is a small sample size but i was impressed.

i seem to remember him getting popped in the head on a long run that may have cut his preseason exhibition short.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby danleroi22 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:26 pm

I tend to think Jackson will be very good in a couple of years if he gets a chance to hsow his stuff. I saw him play in the preseason game, and he looked amazing. He has incredible talent and good potential... so it's only a matter of time.

I would wait though... I don't think you need to grab him quite yet.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:46 pm

If your roster is deep enough so that all starting QBs are owned, I would add him now if it meant giving up a backup RB with limited upside you don't need (Sammy Morris, Michael Bennett, Correll Buckhalter) or a WR who isn't helping you (Drew Carter, Travis Taylor, Keenan McCardell) or a 2nd kicker or DST. There's often a couple owners sitting and waiting for players like him, and then pounce when it looks like he becomes the starter. For example, in a ten teamer with QB roster limits, at least 3 owners put in a claim for Jason Campbell just before his first start. Tavaris might even start this year, if the Vikes are out of it, so I'd pull the trigger if you've got some fat to trim.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Matthias » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:31 pm

But you're still talking about a rookie QB who has an undetermined start date in a run-first offense with no receivers who can catch. You have another year or so before you have to start worrying about if someone else is going to scoop him.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk