Week 14 PBC: New Orleans vs. Dallas Cowboys - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 14 PBC: New Orleans vs. Dallas Cowboys

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:20 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:just wanted to say that even if Romo has an advantage on Brees as a QB (which is very debatable), its too miniscule to give an advantage to either one. 5 QB rating points and 1.5% completion rate doesnt mean that Romo is better.

im not entering this challenge for the Saints because i honestly think that Dallas will win this one, but saying that Romo is significantly better than Brees is ridiculous.

I never said that Romo was significantly better than Brees. I just said that he DID have the advantage. I mean, you could say that they were equal and I would accept that too, but for the sake of refuting the argument, I said that he was "better" meaning his numbers are better. As far as talent, nobody knows. We haven't seen enough of him to say he has more talent than another QB. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:14 pm

Count me in for the Saints... you guys must be joking. Romo's name shouldn't even be said in the same as Brees'.

That is why Brees is being considered a MVP candidate. Brees is approaching Marinos passing record. Brees has turned around a 3-13 franchise. Brees has taken several no name WRs and turned them into stars.

And Saints RBs are far greater than the Cowboys RBs. This is not even close. The Cowboys RBs have far much more success because teams focus their attention more on the Cowboys WRs and not the RBs; whereas the for the Saints its vice versa. Saints are far too dynamic for the Cowboys... watch Ware get torched if he trys to cover Bush by himself.

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby lazzo » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:36 am

You say that Brees has turned that team around??

If you really want to know who did it...take a look at your Head Coach!

If my crazed Cowboy mind serves me correct...Last year Sean Payton was cashin his checks in BIG D!
lazzo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:20 pm

lazzo wrote:You say that Brees has turned that team around??

If my crazed Cowboy mind serves me correct...Last year Sean Payton was cashin his checks in BIG D!

and brees has played no part at all? he's on pace to throw for almost 5000 yards and 27 TDs.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:57 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:

and brees has played no part at all? he's on pace to throw for almost 5000 yards and 27 TDs.

Actually, I agree with both of you. Both Brees and Payton comletely turned that team around. Having Bush and Colston didn't hurt either though. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:26 pm

Well, since nobody is stepping up I'll join the Saints side. Besides, I hate the Cowboys so this is a good time to step up. ;-D

Saints 31
Boys 24
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:31 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:

Actually, I agree with both of you. Both Brees and Payton comletely turned that team around. Having Bush and Colston didn't hurt either though. ;-D

getting simoneaux (spelling?) did give the saints a better defense earlier in the year too, but he's injured now...

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:36 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:

getting simoneaux (spelling?) did give the saints a better defense earlier in the year too, but he's injured now...

I would say going by pure instinct and not stats, I would give the Saints a slight edge on offense and the Cowboys a pretty good edge on defense.

i think that the Saints offense vs. the Cowboys defense is not as good as the Cowboys offense versus the Saints defense. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby lsufan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:26 pm

Thanks for comming to my defense TheOneManShow 26. I was just joking around joelamosobadiah. I still think Brees is better then Romo. I would take our RB's over your RB's any day. Your defense is better and your WR's are better. Its going to be a good game. Your team should win. We will be without Horn and likely will be without Colston as well. If the Saints beat yall with no horn or colston yall should wear the bag for 2 weeks.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:09 pm

I wouldnt say the Cowboys SHOULD win... if anything, the Saints and the NFL in general has shown that any team can win any given sunday. The Saints have been one of the better teams in this league and I believe they can beat anybody any Sunday... Saints SHOULD win. ;-D

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting