Week 14 - SLEEPER OF THE WEEK! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 14 - SLEEPER OF THE WEEK!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 14 - SLEEPER OF THE WEEK!

Postby Patchell » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:34 pm

My sleeper this week is Nate Washington. With Hines Ward and Cedric Wilson out this week, who will big ben throw to? Santonio Holmes surely will get some looks, but Washington last week led the steelers last week in catches and yards. Combine that with a banged up Cleveland secondary and Washington could be looking at a break out game.
Patchell
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:59 pm

I like this call, but I wonder:
  • If Roethlisberger will continue to throw scores to the TEs instead of the WRs. Last week Heath Miller and Jerame Tuman got the TDs.
  • Just how 'banged up' is the Browns secondary? Are there recent major injuries to their starters?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:18 pm

I do think the TEs will get the looks in the red zone along with the running game which is sure to be a big factor. That said, Washington is and will be their deep threat with Cedric Wilson out. If he gets a TD, it will probably be a longer one. I would think 6-7 for 80-100 yards is not out of the question either.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:32 pm

The Lung wrote:I like this call, but I wonder:
  • If Roethlisberger will continue to throw scores to the TEs instead of the WRs. Last week Heath Miller and Jerame Tuman got the TDs.
  • Just how 'banged up' is the Browns secondary? Are there recent major injuries to their starters?

This part worries me more as a FWP owner.

Nate is a great sleeper pick, but if FWP can get going on the ground, will Big Ben need to throw it?
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mattb47 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:08 pm

With the Browns run defense being so bad and their pass defense being decent, I think you'll see a lot more running with both Ward and Wilson out this week. Parker should run wild at home against a weak Cleveland run defense (23rd). Cleveland's secondary has been "banged up" all year and yet they still continue to play solid pass defense most weeks.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby T-DIDDY » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:53 pm

The weather might hurt Nate's chances. It will be very cold (single digit wind-chill), very windy, and snow showers. Plus, the field is already in shitty shape. It doesn't sound good for either passing game...
T-DIDDY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mrblitz » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:19 pm

I like Derrick Anderson to be my sleeper of the week. He showed some really good stuff and that should continue this week, against a Pitt team that is missing their anchor in Polamalu.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:30 pm

Just picked up Miller, I think he should get at least 1 TD.....Ben will throw to his TEs more often IMO.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mattb47 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:20 pm

mrblitz wrote:I like Derrick Anderson to be my sleeper of the week. He showed some really good stuff and that should continue this week, against a Pitt team that is missing their anchor in Polamalu.

Possible bad weather.....on the road....first start ever.....not exactly the formula for a great game. It's a bit of a stretch I think. I would play nearly every QB in the NFL over Anderson this week.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eman » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:35 pm

My sleeper is Marcus Robinson. ;-D Seems like everyone and their mother hates him, but I really think this year he'll finish strong. This week I predict 75 and a td for him, especially since Det is missing a CB and is very weak in the secondary now.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk