Week 14 - SLEEPER OF THE WEEK! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 14 - SLEEPER OF THE WEEK!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:55 am

mattb47 wrote:With the Browns run defense being so bad and their pass defense being decent, I think you'll see a lot more running with both Ward and Wilson out this week. Parker should run wild at home against a weak Cleveland run defense (23rd). Cleveland's secondary has been "banged up" all year and yet they still continue to play solid pass defense most weeks.

Parker only totalled 46 yds last time they played, so that's not exactly running wild. He did however notch two scores; one rushing and one receiving.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 14 - SLEEPER OF THE WEEK!

Postby skinsfan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:42 am

Patchell wrote:My sleeper this week is Nate Washington. With Hines Ward and Cedric Wilson out this week, who will big ben throw to? Santonio Holmes surely will get some looks, but Washington last week led the steelers last week in catches and yards. Combine that with a banged up Cleveland secondary and Washington could be looking at a break out game.

Actually I see this as Holmes' big breakout week. But Washington isn't a bad call by any means.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mattb47 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:22 am

Sixxgunn wrote:
mattb47 wrote:With the Browns run defense being so bad and their pass defense being decent, I think you'll see a lot more running with both Ward and Wilson out this week. Parker should run wild at home against a weak Cleveland run defense (23rd). Cleveland's secondary has been "banged up" all year and yet they still continue to play solid pass defense most weeks.

Parker only totalled 46 yds last time they played, so that's not exactly running wild. He did however notch two scores; one rushing and one receiving.

Also on the road....look at his numbers at home in comparison to on the road:

Home: 139 carries for 701 yds (5.0 ypc), and 7 TDs; 15 rec for 119 yds and 1 TD

Away: 61 carries for 170 yds (2.8 ypc), and 2 TDs; 6 rec for 49 yds and 1 TD

Hard to ignore the huge difference here and also hard to make a valid comparison to the last game against the Browns in which Pittsburgh was on the road and got down early so ran less.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Patchell » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:59 pm

I wish I had followed my own advice now....
Patchell
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Keyser_WV » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:18 pm

eman wrote:My sleeper is Marcus Robinson. ;-D Seems like everyone and their mother hates him, but I really think this year he'll finish strong. This week I predict 75 and a td for him, especially since Det is missing a CB and is very weak in the secondary now.

You said the same thing prior to last weeks games.

His stat line:

5 catches for 37 yards

If you keep saying it, maybe it will happen :-b
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eman » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 pm

I said it last week in terms of the remainder of they year, not in terms of that week, because any sleeper WR against Chi is plain overoptimistic. This week is one of the main weeks I see him producing big. I picked him up and am starting him, so I guess if I'm wrong this time I'll pay the price. :)
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby spodog » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:59 pm

mrblitz wrote:I like Derrick Anderson to be my sleeper of the week. He showed some really good stuff and that should continue this week, against a Pitt team that is missing their anchor in Polamalu.

This is a joke, right?
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Week 14 - SLEEPER OF THE WEEK!

Postby twofoolwho » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:22 pm

Patchell wrote:My sleeper this week is Nate Washington. With Hines Ward and Cedric Wilson out this week, who will big ben throw to? Santonio Holmes surely will get some looks, but Washington last week led the steelers last week in catches and yards. Combine that with a banged up Cleveland secondary and Washington could be looking at a break out game.

Good call!!
twofoolwho
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mrblitz » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:25 pm

mattb47 wrote:
mrblitz wrote:I like Derrick Anderson to be my sleeper of the week. He showed some really good stuff and that should continue this week, against a Pitt team that is missing their anchor in Polamalu.

Possible bad weather.....on the road....first start ever.....not exactly the formula for a great game. It's a bit of a stretch I think. I would play nearly every QB in the NFL over Anderson this week.

Didn't do that, bad. Did pretty well actually.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Football Fan » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:29 pm

Pick up Mark Clayton, I think he'll have a great game against the KC defense.
Football Fan
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk