Fantasy Football and Math Students - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Fantasy Football and Math Students

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:56 am

I didn't "get" math until I started going to the bars in college. I had to figure out my out counts in 301 and 501 and the guys would get on you if you took too long, so I figured it out and I've been going strong ever since.

Plus there was this infomercial I watched about that time as well. Probably the only one I've ever watched, but it showed how to multiply two-, three- and four-digit numbers in your head. I've been doing that ever since.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:13 am

knapplc wrote:I didn't "get" math until I started going to the bars in college. I had to figure out my out counts in 301 and 501 and the guys would get on you if you took too long, so I figured it out and I've been going strong ever since.

Plus there was this infomercial I watched about that time as well. Probably the only one I've ever watched, but it showed how to multiply two-, three- and four-digit numbers in your head. I've been doing that ever since.

I'm good at doing math in my head. I've always been a science/math guy, though. Writing is a different story. Even though I'm not a very good writer, I'm at least smart enough to recognize good writing when I see it.

Fantasy Baseball would actually be a much better teaching tool than fantasy football because a lot of the statistics are derived making them harder to figure out. Of course most kids hate baseball, so it probably wouldn't go over as well.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk