how many of you fellas play Salary cap type of games? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

how many of you fellas play Salary cap type of games?

Moderator: Football Moderators

how many of you fellas play Salary cap type of games?

Postby joshy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:09 pm

how many of you out there play Salary Cap type of games?

Just wanted to know if i have any partners here.
joshy
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:48 am

I play in one but I have almost no interest in it. I pretty much forget about it until Tuesday morning when I change my lineup. Then I forget about it again. Plus I pretty much suck at it and have no comprehension of any sort of strategy involved and don't plan to figure it out.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tompas » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:59 am

I play in one but I have almost no interest in it. I pretty much forget about it until Tuesday morning when I change my lineup. Then I forget about it again. Plus I pretty much suck at it and have no comprehension of any sort of strategy involved and don't plan to figure it out.

why?

I play in 3 different games, i find it exciting type of game, much more dynamic one.
tompas
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby joshy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:02 am

where do you use to play?

I got tired of playing the regular games, all this veto action the draft, its like, there is no action in the game itself, i think that fantasy games are all about who can predict better the real life players performance, and the Salary cap games are giving me that.
joshy

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:23 am

Do you mean a salary cap league with say 10 or 15 guys or a game with thousands?
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joshy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:06 am

Both types,

I play in one, where each participant is added to a group with more 27 participants(28 teams), each group of 28 is divided into 4 divisions, the game is played head2head, each week the participant with the highest fantasy points in all the groups (28 X number of groups) receives a weekly prize, now in the groups the 4 division winners go forward into the playoffs and compete with the division winners of the other groups, till yo have the big big prize winner.
There are more plenty of types, there are some that you play with thousands of other players(without groups or divisions) that is less fun in my point of view, but still those are great dynamic games.
As i see it, Fantasy sports are all about who can predict better the players performance on the field, and i feel that the salary cap games, are much more about this skill than the regular fantasy games.
joshy

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:49 am

The main reason why the game is not as fun, at least in my opinion, is that everyone can have any player. So if you have a player every other team could have him too. I feel that kinda brings the game down. Plus that factor of luck present in a draft league is not present here. I know you could argue that's good but I feel that adds a sense of thrill.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joshy » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:05 am

You are not paying attention to the value factor, the value of the players is dynamic, so even that you might have the same player as mine, the value can be different.
joshy

Postby danleroi22 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:56 am

I'm a member of the VGMLeague here at the cafe.

Contracts and Salaries. The works... great league! ;-D
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:54 pm

danleroi22 wrote:I'm a member of the VGMLeague here at the cafe.

Contracts and Salaries. The works... great league! ;-D

What he said. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Return to Cafe Games Talk