Water Flowing On Mars - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Water Flowing On Mars

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:07 am

Munboy wrote:Well, I'll give Nebraska this...at least it had the corn fields as a running joke (which is weird, because I was the only one in the truck). Wyoming has absolutely nothing. No fields, no trees, no towns...nothing. :-°

My best friend and I were driving from Tacoma to St. Louis. As we traveled though Wyoming, it was his turn to drive and my turn to sleep. I remember waking up and seeing the exact same landscape (towering plateaus) as when I fell asleep. I asked him how long I had been under. Two hours he said. I thought he was joking, but he wasn't.

Wyoming is the worst place to drive though. :-P
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:14 am

SeaWolf wrote:
Munboy wrote:Well, I'll give Nebraska this...at least it had the corn fields as a running joke (which is weird, because I was the only one in the truck). Wyoming has absolutely nothing. No fields, no trees, no towns...nothing. :-°

My best friend and I were driving from Tacoma to St. Louis. As we traveled though Wyoming, it was his turn to drive and my turn to sleep. I remember waking up and seeing the exact same landscape (towering plateaus) as when I fell asleep. I asked him how long I had been under. Two hours he said. I thought he was joking, but he wasn't.

I've driven through Kansas....I think that place certainly gives Wyoming a run for its money because there aren't even the plateaus in Kansas.....just cornfields as far as the eye can see. :-b
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:41 am

mattb47 wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:

I've driven through Kansas....I think that place certainly gives Wyoming a run for its money because there aren't even the plateaus in Kansas.....just cornfields as far as the eye can see. :-b

We hit Kasas at night, so can't comment. :-/
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:58 pm

SeaWolf wrote:

i take it you've never driven through Ohio
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Munboy » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:36 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:

Oddly enough, I have. I've get around. :-b

Ohio was pretty boring once you got out of the rolling hills of the east. I wasn't driving though, so I just kicked back with my headphones on the whole trip. Still doesn't compair to western Nebraska/ eastern wyoming. :*)

It's kind of funny how this thread has stayed on topic by compairing US landscapes to Mars landscapes. ;-7
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:17 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:

Have not diven on any roads east of St. Louis. There is a bad stretch in Oregon between Mt Hood & I believe Warm Spings. But that's nothing compared to Wyoming.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:36 pm

I dont know about water flowing on Mars but I heard there is a mud slide on Uranus. 8-o

Sorry I've been drinking again. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk