I would be very unhappy...... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I would be very unhappy......

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BigMusky » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:58 pm

part of fielding a good team is playing matchups. Most the teams I see that are high scoring and dont make the playoffs are because they do not play matchups well (ie cover their bye weeks) or they do not draft depth to cover an injury. They might score of a ton of points at the beginning of a season but fall apart due to a key injury. These teams do not deserve a playoff spot. These might be teams too that start Chad Johnson every week when he is a bum 11 out of 14 weeks this year in TD heavy leagues. Sure the total points are there, but not the consistancy.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattb47 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:20 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:That is crap- in football do the wildcards go to the teams with the best point-margain? No. Points is a good tiebreak, but absolutely nothing else.

Once again, in football is the wins and losses based purely on luck of schedule? No, you are actually able to gameplan against another team, try to stop what they want to do, not so in fantasy football. You just have to put your best team out there and even if your team does really well, you could just have played that one team who had a monster week that week. Skill comes into getting the most points for your team....not winning and losing.

BigMusky wrote:part of fielding a good team is playing matchups. Most the teams I see that are high scoring and dont make the playoffs are because they do not play matchups well (ie cover their bye weeks) or they do not draft depth to cover an injury. They might score of a ton of points at the beginning of a season but fall apart due to a key injury. These teams do not deserve a playoff spot. These might be teams too that start Chad Johnson every week when he is a bum 11 out of 14 weeks this year in TD heavy leagues. Sure the total points are there, but not the consistancy.

All these things you mentioned are valid, but only in the sense that this helps you do what you can to get the most points for your team. In the end it has nothing to do with wins or losses because those are based purely on who you happen to be up against that week. You can play matchups perfectly, never leave points on the bench, but just play the wrong team each week and have a bad record.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk