Teenagers: "THINK!! Don't be stupid. Use your head" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Teenagers: "THINK!! Don't be stupid. Use your head"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Teenagers: "THINK!! Don't be stupid. Use your head"

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:29 pm

This goes for grown-ups too.

http://www.newsreview.info/article/2006 ... S/61207049

Three High School friends of my daughter. One dead. Two critical. One (from my daughters softball team) is rumored to have had her arm amputated. All today. The scuttlebutt is that they were going off campus to get high. We're in shock and I can't imagine what their parents are going through.

Kids, I remember when I was a teen and the stupid things I did and how grateful I am that God got ahold of me and spared me from this kind of tragedy. We thought we were indestructible. Guess what? You're not! Be careful out there. Be smart. Don't do the stupid stuff.

From a Dad... :,-(
Last edited by Nfl Fan on Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrblitz » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:31 pm

That's horrible. I too got away with doing ALOT of really stupid dangerous things. I tell me son all the time the stupid things that kids his age are prone to doing. He gets tired of me saying it over and over sometime, but oh well.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Guru13 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:36 pm

everyone keep their families in your prayers and nfl fan, you daughter will be in my prayers also, this is horrible, I know stuff like this happens around here some time, especially around prom time and it's heart wrenching, I'm in High School right now, and it's ridiculous some of the stuff that goes on.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:38 pm

It is always terrible to hear something like that.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:42 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:everyone keep their families in your prayers and nfl fan, you daughter will be in my prayers also, this is horrible, I know stuff like this happens around here some time, especially around prom time and it's heart wrenching, I'm in High School right now, and it's ridiculous some of the stuff that goes on.

Thank you. Pass the word... BE SMART, as you appear to be.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:17 pm

Such sad news. I'm sorry to hear of this for you and your daughter's sake, as well as the victims families of course (and everyone else affected).

This kind of stuff has devastated my school this past year. I'm in high school as well- this summer a classmate of mine was killed after he totaled his car under the influence. He was not wearing his seatbelt. A girl from a rival school was killed in a car accident as well a few months ago, but was not drinking apparently. However, she did not have her seatbelt on either.

It is ironic to see that the girl wearing a seatbelt was killed here and the two who were not survived. I don't know the details of this but I hope for everyone that the driver wasn't under the influence.

Drinking and driving and not wearing your seatbelts can kill you. Its so sad to see stuff like this continuing to happen, but I guess people will never learn.
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eman » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:49 pm

Sorry to hear this, and my prayers are with your daughter and the families of the victims.

A similar thing to this happened to a few people I knew pretty well too, so I understand the pain you're going through and how traumatizing it can be. They were driving down the freeway (Likely drunk) and lost control, rolled off the freeway, and all 4 in the car were killed. A very sad even for sure, though these things can serve to remind us of just how precious life is and we should not take life for granted.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:04 pm

Very tragic. My heart goes out to the families. You've been having a rough couple weeks NFL Fan hang in there bro. I too was one of those kids who did stupid and dangerous crap in my younger years and count my lucky stars I made it through alive. I have similar stories of people I went to high school with getting DUIs, crashing their cars, going to jail and also dying in car accidents. Its true that life is short but it can be made even shorter but stupid decisions.

Like NFL Fan said this goes for the grownups too. You'd think as you get older and you see people you know ruin their lives or ruin anothers life or worse take a life or their own that they would make better decisions. Sadly thats just not the case. I am always amazed when I have people over to my house there is that one person who get completely shat faced and thinks they can drive home. I am always cool about it at first and try to reason with them I say things like "dood I got a comfortable couch with your name on it, I'll even make you breakfast in the morning." Or, "I'll pay for the cab and pick you up and bring you back here to get your car tomarrow." When that fails I and if they stat getting bent I tell them straight up "I could give a ship about you! What Im concerned with is that person you might hit and kill because you're being a retard." It sounds harsh but thats the way I feel. :-#

End Rant.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Tiki » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:04 am

That's horrible! Getting high no what NFL? My thoughts go out the schoolfamily and friends!

R.I.P

Everyone else L.I.P-Live in Peace ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:27 am

Moral of the story: Always wear your seat belt.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk