Teenagers: "THINK!! Don't be stupid. Use your head" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Teenagers: "THINK!! Don't be stupid. Use your head"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:24 pm

Cops are D-Bags I avoid them all together, but when I do have to talk to one it's "Yes, sir and No, officer" stuff like that, my mom taught me that one! :-b
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sandrock » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:39 am

Well, I talked to a good friend of mine who works for the Douglas County Sheriffs office (the county in which this unfortunate wreck happened) and he gave me some first hand information on the situation.

One piece of information I would like to share is something that may be affecting schools/students all over the country.

The driver of the car was under the influence of Endust. Yes, this is a commercial grade cleaning product. Roseburg High school kept air freshners with Endust stocked in them. Students have been breaking these air freshners open and inhaling this product. It temporarily cuts off air to the lungs when it's inhaled, thus initiating a mini rush/high.

I know this is also happening at the school where I teach, just miles from Roseburg High. Please parents and friends all over the country, don't let your kids or friends do this. It's just as bad as drugs and, well you see what could happen.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:47 am

Sandrock wrote:Well, I talked to a good friend of mine who works for the Douglas County Sheriffs office (the county in which this unfortunate wreck happened) and he gave me some first hand information on the situation.

One piece of information I would like to share is something that may be affecting schools/students all over the country.

The driver of the car was under the influence of Endust. Yes, this is a commercial grade cleaning product. Roseburg High school kept air freshners with Endust stocked in them. Students have been breaking these air freshners open and inhaling this product. It temporarily cuts off air to the lungs when it's inhaled, thus initiating a mini rush/high.

I know this is also happening at the school where I teach, just miles from Roseburg High. Please parents and friends all over the country, don't let your kids or friends do this. It's just as bad as drugs and, well you see what could happen.

Where do you teach, Sandrock? I live in Roseburg.

Update on Anna...
I talked to her Dad tonight and it looks like she'll keep her arm! :-° ;-D

I hadn't heard about the driver and endust. The other two tested negative for drugs, but I hadn't heard anything one way or another about Ashley.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:01 am

josebach wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:Josebach said something I agree with!!!!!!!!! 8-o

joelamosobadiah wrote:Am I believing my eyes, or did Josebach and Knapp at least semi-agree on something 8-o ;-7 :-b

Gee, that's interesting. I was under the impression that I agreed with those two guys more often than not... just not on religious and certain "morality" based social issues like gay marriage. I could go down the list of items and topics that we've been in agreement on. :-? Why can I recognize this? Maybe a personal dislike is clouding some judgement? If it is, that's ok. I know I'm not the most likeable guy in the world. :-/

Hey... with the Ben Stiller av, how could you NOT be likeable??? :-D

I typically don't get too heavy into many threads on religion, gay marriage, abortion, politics and the like. But I've seen your passion for THE WRONG VIEWPOINT :-b get a little, shall I say... energetic! Generally I don't want to mix it up in a FF forum as those discusions often don't end on a friendly note.

So.......
Maybe my impression has been a little tainted? B-)
You could be a pro-life, homophobic, ditto-headed, neo-con, Jesus freak like me! ;-D

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sandrock » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:41 am

Nfl Fan wrote:
Sandrock wrote:Well, I talked to a good friend of mine who works for the Douglas County Sheriffs office (the county in which this unfortunate wreck happened) and he gave me some first hand information on the situation.

Where do you teach, Sandrock? I live in Roseburg.

Update on Anna...
I talked to her Dad tonight and it looks like she'll keep her arm! :-° ;-D

I hadn't heard about the driver and endust. The other two tested negative for drugs, but I hadn't heard anything one way or another about Ashley.

I teach at Marshfield High School.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:40 am

Man, I've been missing a lot of interesting discussions lately.... :-°
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby josebach » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:13 am

Nfl Fan wrote:I typically don't get too heavy into many threads on religion, gay marriage, abortion, politics and the like. But I've seen your passion for THE WRONG VIEWPOINT :-b get a little, shall I say... energetic! Generally I don't want to mix it up in a FF forum as those discusions often don't end on a friendly note.

So.......
Maybe my impression has been a little tainted? B-)
You could be a pro-life, homophobic, ditto-headed, neo-con, Jesus freak like me! ;-D

Yes, I must admit I can be quite energetic on certain issues, but to show that we're not too far apart...

- I too am against abortion, but I'm not about to tell women they're forbidden to get one. Regardless as to what the law says, women are not going to be forced to have a baby if they don't want one.

- Even though one of my best friends is gay, I too am a little homophobic. I've had a few gay guys hit on me in my day (including my friend when I first met him), and it kind of freaks me out. I just remember that like me, gay people only have one life (that we know of) and are fully entitled to try to spend that life finding happiness. Who am I or anyone to tell them they can't do that?

- I'm not a ditto head (had to look it up) but I do agree with a lot of what Rush says. My parents used to watch and listen to him all the time, so I do have some experience with him. My main problem with him is not his politics, but rather his approach. I think showing humility is the best way of communicating with people of opposite beliefs (something even I don't do all the time). The fact that he's so arrogant and obnoxious makes it clear to me that he really doesn't want to fix anything, he just wants to complain about it and make money off of it. I do realize that there's people like this on both sides, not just Repbulicans.

- I'm not a neo-con, got me there. I think what is and what is not "moral" is completely relative. If you believed that the Bible was written my mere men with no Godly influence, it would probably change your opinion on a few "moral" issues also.

- Not a Jesus freak either, although I did used to be a Christian. Through years of soul searching, I finally was able to reach what I believe to be real objectivity when looking at Christianity and religion in general. Once I re-thought Christianity with this new found approach, the only conclusion I could come to was that if there is a Christian God, then that same God is the God of every other religion also. I think that if the spiritual world does exist, that it's likely to be every bit if not more complicated than the physical world we all experience every day. I think the same things you looked for and found with Christianity, I'm still looking for on a global or maybe even cosmic scale. As far as our hearts are concerned, I don't really think we're that far off. I'm not an atheist at all. I have hope just like you do. ;-D

Maybe not the best thread for this, but you remind me of my parents a little, and I respect them very much... even though we disagree on a lot of issues. This is the real me, not that raving, energetic one. ;-) :-)
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:01 pm

josebach wrote:Maybe not the best thread for this, but you remind me of my parents a little, and I respect them very much... even though we disagree on a lot of issues. This is the real me, not that raving, energetic one. ;-) :-)

That was a cool post. ;-D

I probably exaggerated a little bit. I never listen to Rush (though I like him); just learned what a 'neo-con' is; am not afraid of gays; and yes....... I love the Lord!! He is friggin awesome. The stories I can tell about stuff He's done.....

Anna update:

I talked to her Dad last night. The third surgery went very well and, barring any unforseen changes, she should keep her arm although she will probably never pitch a softball again.

Kids, adults....
Be safe out there.

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:09 pm

I've agreed with many of jose's recent posts. I disagree with you often, jose, but it definitely doesn't mean I don't like you. Enthusiasm is good, underrated, and not utilized and realized enough. I've gotten to the point, I think, where most people know who I am around here and what I believe in so I don't need to reiterate it so often anymore.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby stomperrob » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:09 pm

Tiki wrote:Cops are D-Bags I avoid them all together, but when I do have to talk to one it's "Yes, sir and No, officer" stuff like that, my mom taught me that one! :-b

I know there are a couple members of the Cafe who are police officers and therefore I take offence at you insulting them needlessly for what they do. Since I don't believe you know them personally your comments are meaningless as they are just a sweeping generalization but they do speak volumes about you. People are starting to tire of your immature rants.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk