Currently in first, a loss would put me in... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Currently in first, a loss would put me in...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Currently in first, a loss would put me in...

Postby benb18a » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:39 pm

5th place, and out of the playoffs, if two other likely things happen :~(

Right now, the playoff picture is like this, I am in bold, other two division leaders in italics:

8-4-1 1091 pts.
8-4-1 996 pts.
8-5 988 pts.
7-5-1 1111 pts.
7-5-1 1072 pts.

I have been in first place overall for about 3 weeks straight, and a lost last week still left me tied for first. But, if I lose, the second team wins(in my division) and the fifth team wins, and scores 20 points more than me, I will miss the playoffs :-o And of course none of these teams go H2H this week. There is a ridiculous 9 teams with 6 or more wins in this 12 team league. Somebody with 4 losses could end up missing the playoffs lol.

I'm sure there are some of you in this same precarious situation. Feel free to list your unfortunate circumstances, and may the football gods have compassion for our playoff lives. :-b

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:52 pm

hope you get in man, I have a similiar situation, not as bad I think, but I am in first, with the same record as the guy in second, but I have more points, and we play each other this week and the scary part is that I haven't clinched a spot yet, so I just don't know yet.

and BTW, sweet sig. :-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:22 pm

that isnt an ideal situation, but it really isnt all that bad. at least you dont hafta depend on someone else to win- i no it sounds more simple than it actually is, but just win and ur in as the 1 seed.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby benb18a » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:15 pm

That is true. But, my LJ and Bulger have daunting matchups this weekend, and the team I am facing is... second in total points, but in third in my division :~(

He has:

Garcia
Tiki
Betts
Harrison
SS
Gates
Gould
San Diego

!+)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Postby benb18a » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:41 pm

Update:I just found out that points do not break divisional ties. Divisional record does. I am two games worse, so the tie breaker swings over to the other 8-4-1 guy; I am already in 4th place now :-#

The good thing is, my divisional rival's opponent started FWP and Braylon, putting him in a 40 point hole :*)

2011:

benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Postby benb18a » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:50 pm

Update: I will need a big miracle to make the playoffs. Two weeks ago I am all alone in first, now I am currently in 5th.

I am losing to my studtastic opponent by 41, with my Bulger, Gore(who just fumbled) and Driver vs. his Gates, Gould and SD DST left.

The other 8-4-1 team is getting pummeled, but it won't matter if I lose he wins the division.

The 7-5-1 team is up by 38 with his McGahee, Coles and Rackers against his opponents Boldin and LT.

:~( :-t

I knew this was going to happen.

2011:

benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Postby benb18a » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:40 pm

Well, I came back, and now actually have a chance. The divisional rival lost, but the 7-5-1 wildcard team scored 111 and won. All I need is 9 points from Bulger, regardless of my matchup outcome(down by 11 with his Gould vs. my Bulger)

Thank you Driver and Gore for making a playoff birth possible, when things were looking very grim this afternoon :-) :-D

2011:

benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stcardinal » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:58 pm

I was in the same boat. I lost to the guy that had TO and his lucky catch, Parker and his 200 yrds, and Brees and his 5 TDs. Ouch.
stcardinal
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby masarume » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:07 pm

If I lost... I would still be first :-D

I actually enjoy competition... in an 8 team league, 4 playoff spots, 4 teams could've potentially landed the last spot.

Next week, i get to face a guy who only got in b/c I dropped Betts due to my RB overload situation of LT, Gore, McGahee, and Dillon.

hooray for good leagues ;-D
masarume

Hockey Mod
Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby benb18a » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:15 pm

Unless Bulger has 3 turnovers, I have the wildcard spot in the bag. Now if the fricking Bears would stop scoring, I could get the top seed. :-]

2011:

benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting