Worst injuries???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Worst injuries????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Worst injuries????

Postby APAP » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:12 pm

Right now I'm suffering through a torn ACL and MCL (high school football game, what else????). I'm due for surgery soon and have had a lot of downtime due to the severity of the injury.

So it got me to thinking, what are some of your guys worst injuries??? The torn ligaments thing is by far my worst but I've had lots cause of football, how bout you guys???
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:17 pm

Ive broken my collarbone and wrist...nothing as bad as an ACL though.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 pm

Im a very lucky person when it comes to injuries Ive never had anything major, no broken bones or torn ligaments. I did sprain my ankle once REALLY bad, I couldnt put any weight on it for a couple weeks it took over a month to heal. Thats about it though. :-?

Good thread idea meng! ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:22 pm

Tore pretty much every tendon and ligament in my right shoulder from playing baseball and football my whole life. My shoulder cna pop in and out and hurts like hell all the time.

I also have torn my acl and mcl in my right knee, and i have had 8 concussions.

Sports are fun :*) !+)
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:24 pm

I've had a few concussions. One from falling out of a tree and two from car accidents. The first accident was when I lost control of my car, rolled it, and ended up in a field. The second one was when I was a passenger in a car crossing a highway and we got t-boned on the passenger door. I walked away from both, though.

I've broken my thumb playing softball with a glove that was too small.

Broke my wrist when I went over my handlebars on my bike, too.

Busted out my front teeth on the ice while sledding when I was a kid.

I've trashed both shoulders playing volleyball. They grind and groan when I pick my daughter up over my head.

Aside from that, nothing much. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:39 pm

Wow, this thread about has me covered.

- 2 really bad sprained ankles

- rotator cuff damage in both shoulders one of which pops out all the time and will likely require surgery

- broken hand/wrist

- broken collar bone

- three knee surgeries including ACL reconstruction and my knee is STILL slipping because the damn ACL graft is loose. :-t

Good times!

ACL is rough man, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was just a few years ago. When I had my knee surgery in 96, I was in the hospital for 4 days 3 nights. Now I read it's an outpatient procedure. Is yours outpatient? Regardless, ACL and MCL reconstruction is so routine now you have nothing to worry about other than a little pain. I'm sure you'll be back on your feet in no time. Good luck, man!!!
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:40 pm

I have not had anything major, but I have had a few.

1. Broke my middle finger playing basketball

2. Got a bad concussion in basketball (couldn't stand for more than like 15 minutes for about 48 hours.)

3. Broke my nose doing a backflip off of a diving board. (That one hurt like nothing else in the world)

4. Got kicked in the eye and scratched my retina.

The most severe injury though was not one that happened to me, but one that I caused. It was actually in the same game that I got the concussion. (rough game) I had a turn-around jumper at the free-throw line and when I pump faked, the guy jumped and while he was going down, I was going up and my elbow and his eye met. I shattered his eyesocket and he bled pretty bad.

So nothing as serious as an MCL or ACL, but those are mine. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:28 pm

Nothing really major, but the closest thing was getting hit in my left eye and not being able to see out of it for 3 months. Eyeball filled with blood and almost had a detached retina. Also missed 2 months of my junior year in high school because I was to stay in bed under doctors orders so my eye wouldn't bleed again.

But I'm not gonna give the specifics on how I got hurt unless you guys really nag me. One of them embarassing situations, but I will say it was in gym class and sports related. Wore a cool eyepatch after the doctor let me move around though, lol.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:35 pm

the worst was breaking my finger in three places tackling a guy during a football game. breaking it wasnt the bad part..or even resetting it myself (my finger was litterally flipped upside down with my fingernail on my palm side), the bad part was going to the hospital and them x-raying and finding a tumor that had basically taken over the bone that broke, causing it to weaken. long story short, i had to wait for the break to heal, and then have surgery including a bone graft from my wrist. all in all i couldnt use my hand for about 4 months...and it was my main hand...and i was in school. for those of you that dont know, its pretty hard to write papers opposited handed !+)

ive had a lot of injuries over the years...lots of trips to the ER....mostly from tournament fighting when i did tae kwon do and various sports.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:39 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:the worst was breaking my finger in three places tackling a guy during a football game. breaking it wasnt the bad part..or even resetting it myself (my finger was litterally flipped upside down with my fingernail on my palm side), the bad part was going to the hospital and them x-raying and finding a tumor that had basically taken over the bone that broke, causing it to weaken. long story short, i had to wait for the break to heal, and then have surgery including a bone graft from my wrist. all in all i couldnt use my hand for about 4 months...and it was my main hand...and i was in school. for those of you that dont know, its pretty hard to write papers opposited handed !+)

ive had a lot of injuries over the years...lots of trips to the ER....mostly from tournament fighting when i did tae kwon do and various sports.

So I bet you had to learn how to do everything with your other hand huh. Writing papers prolly wasnt the worst part, it must have really screwed up your alone sexy time as well! 8-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk