Worst injuries???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Worst injuries????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Bravos of Steel » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:11 am

Metroid wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:the worst was breaking my finger in three places tackling a guy during a football game. breaking it wasnt the bad part..or even resetting it myself (my finger was litterally flipped upside down with my fingernail on my palm side), the bad part was going to the hospital and them x-raying and finding a tumor that had basically taken over the bone that broke, causing it to weaken. long story short, i had to wait for the break to heal, and then have surgery including a bone graft from my wrist. all in all i couldnt use my hand for about 4 months...and it was my main hand...and i was in school. for those of you that dont know, its pretty hard to write papers opposited handed !+)

ive had a lot of injuries over the years...lots of trips to the ER....mostly from tournament fighting when i did tae kwon do and various sports.

So I bet you had to learn how to do everything with your other hand huh. Writing papers prolly wasnt the worst part, it must have really screwed up your alone sexy time as well! 8-o

:-b :-b T....M....I
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LukeW9027 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:41 am

OCD in my left knee (out of sports for 2 years)

Broken Right arm

Sprained ankle in B-ball last year

Torn ACL-(same knee) This year in football during tackling drills on out Shi**y practice field :-P !+) :-°

But im not going down without a fight. Im playing B-ball this year - an acl and # an annoying knee brace.

But i will have to get he surgery after Basketball is over... :-/ :-t
Last edited by LukeW9027 on Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Future is here
LukeW9027
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "In Greek Mythology,The Titans were even greater than the gods" Coach Boone

Postby LukeW9027 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:42 am

Ignore this...

The Future is here
LukeW9027
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "In Greek Mythology,The Titans were even greater than the gods" Coach Boone

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:13 am

sad but true metroid !+) :-b

another strange injury ive had...dug this up from a thread a couple of years ago:

when i was 12, i got a boa constrictor for my birthday..it was about a foot long. by the time i was a freshman in college it had grown to almost 8 feet in length and about as big around as a softball in the mid section. one day i came home and was changing the water in its dish and it poked his head out from under its makeshift "house" in its cage. the next thing i knew it struck my hand and was pulling my arm into the cage . (it was a large aquarium type cage about 6 feet tall with a hinged door on the side and a glass front) . it wouldnt let go of my hand and had my thumb pinned down so i couldnt grab it with that hand. i beat its head against the glass in the cage a few times and it released my hand. i lot of blood, swelling and a broken bone in my hand from it, as well as scars to this day from its teeth...not to mention nightmares and trauma.

ive never touched a snake since.

i was going to chop its head off with a machette, but after i calmed down i decided to give it away to the first person who wanted it.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:11 am

Been lucky.

No broken bones. No torn ligaments. No surgurys.

Got into a fight in high school (who didn't). Got pushed into my locker. Opend up my scalp all the way to my skull. Needed 13 stiches.

No know thats nothing, but that's all I got. :-/
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:12 am

I shattered my kneecap when I wrestled back in high school. 3 years later I tore my MCL, on the same knee, sliding into 2nd base. Then I've proceeded to randomly sprain and strain the knee to this day by playing various sports. So basically I'm gonna need a new knee by the time I'm 40 :-o
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:48 am

I've only had mediocre injuries, luckily. In football I've gotten a concussion and a dislocated shoulder...in basketball I've gotten a sprained ankle and now I have to get some tests on my knee :-o
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:46 am

deluxe_247 wrote:sad but true metroid !+) :-b

another strange injury ive had...dug this up from a thread a couple of years ago:

when i was 12, i got a boa constrictor for my birthday..it was about a foot long. by the time i was a freshman in college it had grown to almost 8 feet in length and about as big around as a softball in the mid section. one day i came home and was changing the water in its dish and it poked his head out from under its makeshift "house" in its cage. the next thing i knew it struck my hand and was pulling my arm into the cage . (it was a large aquarium type cage about 6 feet tall with a hinged door on the side and a glass front) . it wouldnt let go of my hand and had my thumb pinned down so i couldnt grab it with that hand. i beat its head against the glass in the cage a few times and it released my hand. i lot of blood, swelling and a broken bone in my hand from it, as well as scars to this day from its teeth...not to mention nightmares and trauma.

ive never touched a snake since.

i was going to chop its head off with a machette, but after i calmed down i decided to give it away to the first person who wanted it.

That is a funny story reminds me of
though i couldn't find the image of the snake clamped on green's arm, it's the visual I got ;-D

as for my injuries, I've a massed many but my leg injury pwns all well almost all.

I was T boned by a pick up truck while on a motorcycle shattered both tib/fib in my right leg and much arterial damage not to mention flesh.
the repair.
they first tried a partial vein graft to get blood to flow to my leg that didn't work then a heart surgeon came in and took the vein out of left leg ankel to knee and put it in my right, bingo blood flow, no amputation. then they took part of left latisimus dorsi muscle out of my back and made a muscle flap. then the ensuing skin grafts from my left thigh and butt to cover and let the healing process begin.
oh wait, the bones - - firts had a rod down one and the other wired together but as I became more mobil the rod started coming out just under my knee cap so I had to have another surgery to remove it and had and external fixeter with about 8 pins stuck on my leg, not pretty at all. but after a couple months the bones healed.

fast forward years later had a car accident, mr truck meet mr tree, and re broke my leg the doctor was an idiot and didn't set correctly so it's a little off. 2 months in a cast, then right as I get of the cast I'm biking to class late january, hit a little ice put my left leg down to not bust my face, snap - broke my left ankel 2 more months in a cast :-t
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:48 am

Redskins Win wrote:
as for my injuries, I've a massed many but my leg injury pwns all well almost all.

I was T boned by a pick up truck while on a motorcycle shattered both tib/fib in my right leg and much arterial damage not to mention flesh.
the repair.
they first tried a partial vein graft to get blood to flow to my leg that didn't work then a heart surgeon came in and took the vein out of left leg ankel to knee and put it in my right, bingo blood flow, no amputation. then they took part of left latisimus dorsi muscle out of my back and made a muscle flap. then the ensuing skin grafts from my left thigh and butt to cover and let the healing process begin.
oh wait, the bones - - firts had a rod down one and the other wired together but as I became more mobil the rod started coming out just under my knee cap so I had to have another surgery to remove it and had and external fixeter with about 8 pins stuck on my leg, not pretty at all. but after a couple months the bones healed.

fast forward years later had a car accident, mr truck meet mr tree, and re broke my leg the doctor was an idiot and didn't set correctly so it's a little off. 2 months in a cast, then right as I get of the cast I'm biking to class late january, hit a little ice put my left leg down to not bust my face, snap - broke my left ankel 2 more months in a cast :-t

I think it's pretty clear that we shouldn't be letting you out of the house anymore! 8-o :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:49 am

The worst things I've done to myself would be spraining my ankle playing basketball, cutting myself by breaking a lab beaker in my hand, and the sulfuric acid burn I got wasn't fun either. Two days ago I cut my hand and got sodium hydroxide in it also...that really burns. !+)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk