Neighbours shocked by crucified Santa - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Neighbours shocked by crucified Santa

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mrblitz » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:26 pm

And I thought the Philly fans were bad throwing snowballs at him. That's just wrong.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:59 pm

This is sad. Its a lame thing to do plus the message is hardly apparent. At least the bong hits 4 jesus guy made a sign.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:43 pm

i agree with his message, but displaying that in a place for kids to see is wrong.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:18 am

I'm shocked by all the times the letter "u" has been showing up in inappropriate places. :-b
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Karoz » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:02 am

Metroid wrote:I think thats too funny. :-b

I haven't researched the story, so forgive me if this sounds ignorant, but is that the actual picture of the piece of art? If so, then it doesn't seem as if it would be too traumatizing to children. It certainly isn't graphic, and Santa doesn't appear to be in any pain.

For the most part, only adults or mature children would understand what is happening to Santa in the artwork. I can easily see how someone could be offended, but certainly not traumatized.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:32 am

Karoz wrote: I haven't researched the story, so forgive me if this sounds ignorant, but is that the actual picture of the piece of art? If so, then it doesn't seem as if it would be too traumatizing to children. It certainly isn't graphic, and Santa doesn't appear to be in any pain.

I doubt it. This looks like a 2 dimensional computer image, not a piece of "art" that can be displayed in someone's yard.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby stomperrob » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:04 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:I'm shocked by all the times the letter "u" has been showing up in inappropriate places. :-b

Hey - that's how the rest of the world spells in English! ;-) :-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:19 pm

It's not an original idea, by any means. I see the point behind it, but you have to be smarter than that. There are better ways of expressing yourself. Ways that wouldn't traumatize a child or cause unrest in a neighborhood.

A little more on Crucified Santa...

A unique holiday display in Boise has prompted mixed reactions from neighbors and passersby. Residents of a home in the 6300 block of Ustick Road have erected a cross with a full-size, stuffed Santa Claus attached. Chili Ciluaga got the idea to build the crucified Santa in his front yard while watching a TV commercial. He said the display conveys the message that the holiday season has become over-commercialized.

Snopes
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to General Talk