Free pop mail? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Free pop mail?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Free pop mail?

Postby menyak » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:01 am

Can someone recommend a reliable and free email service to me that allows email to be retrieved via Outlook (aka pop mail?). I've heard that yahoo and hotmail require a fee for that feature these days, so what else is there? Gmail perhaps? Do they still require an invite? Thanks! ;-D
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Karoz » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:55 am

If you haven't already visited this page, then I would suggest that you do so. It lists multiple email services which support the ability to retrieve your email using Outlook. To visit the page, click the link below.

Link: http://www.emailaddresses.com/email_pop.htm
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Free pop mail?

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:45 am

menyak wrote:Can someone recommend a reliable and free email service to me that allows email to be retrieved via Outlook (aka pop mail?). I've heard that yahoo and hotmail require a fee for that feature these days, so what else is there? Gmail perhaps? Do they still require an invite? Thanks! ;-D

Gmail is free for its pop service. You do require an invite, but if you go to http://www.gmail.com click on the sign up button then enter ini your cell phone number and they will send you a text with your invite code. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Free pop mail?

Postby knapplc » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:50 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
menyak wrote:Can someone recommend a reliable and free email service to me that allows email to be retrieved via Outlook (aka pop mail?). I've heard that yahoo and hotmail require a fee for that feature these days, so what else is there? Gmail perhaps? Do they still require an invite? Thanks! ;-D

Gmail is free for its pop service. You do require an invite, but if you go to http://www.gmail.com click on the sign up button then enter ini your cell phone number and they will send you a text with your invite code. ;-D

Beat me to it. Gmail is the way to go, Menyak. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby menyak » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:37 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, guys - I'll go with gmail then. ;-D

Hm - can someone possibly send me an invite? The system only works with US mobiles. O:-)
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:49 pm

menyak wrote:Thanks for the suggestions, guys - I'll go with gmail then. ;-D

Hm - can someone possibly send me an invite? The system only works with US mobiles. O:-)

Sure, I'll do it Menyak. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby menyak » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:53 pm

Gotcha! ;-D
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:58 pm

menyak wrote:Gotcha! ;-D

I forgot to mention that on occasion, their servers go down. I don't use them as my primary e-mail just cause I am too lazy to switch everything over, but I have heard people say that their Texas serves especially are pretty unreliable. My sister in Canada says that they hardly ever go down on her, but when she is here they do on occassion. Just a for what its worth note. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:46 pm

I have G-mail, it's pretty great for what I use it for. If anyone needs an invite shoot me a PM.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to General Talk