Keeper league site suggestions/recommendations? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keeper league site suggestions/recommendations?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper league site suggestions/recommendations?

Postby 4Pack » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:57 am

I have been in a private 10 team Yahoo league with friends/family for the past 7 seasons. We have always went with the Yahoo free redraft leagues every season but have now pretty much decided to make this a keeper league.

Any recommendations to which sites are the most "keeper friendly" and that cost no more than about $200 to run a league? I am personally currently in a Fanball keeper league with another group of managers and it seems to be a pretty good site (although it is the only premium site that I am a part of so I do not have anything to compare it to).

Also...the site we eventually decide upon should have a league messageboard that is easy to navigate (much like Yahoo's is now). During the course of the season...it is not uncommon for us to have 3,000 messages during football and have had as many as 14,000 messages during baseball season.

And....one final question. Since the decision was voted on and made in the past few weeks on a keeper league....IMO we should do a redraft next season to start this keeper league from scratch. While I have some very good talent on my roster this season (LJ, Addai, Jones-Drew, Ocho Cinco, Gates, Reggie Wayne) and would love to keep quite a few players....I think that the fair thing would be to start over. A few mangers disagree with that (obviously the LT owner does)...but I personally think that is the only way to do it fairly.

Any suggestions?
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper league site suggestions/recommendations?

Postby Tbones » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:09 am

4Pack wrote:I have been in a private 10 team Yahoo league with friends/family for the past 7 seasons. We have always went with the Yahoo free redraft leagues every season but have now pretty much decided to make this a keeper league.

Any recommendations to which sites are the most "keeper friendly" and that cost no more than about $200 to run a league? I am personally currently in a Fanball keeper league with another group of managers and it seems to be a pretty good site (although it is the only premium site that I am a part of so I do not have anything to compare it to).

Also...the site we eventually decide upon should have a league messageboard that is easy to navigate (much like Yahoo's is now). During the course of the season...it is not uncommon for us to have 3,000 messages during football and have had as many as 14,000 messages during baseball season.

And....one final question. Since the decision was voted on and made in the past few weeks on a keeper league....IMO we should do a redraft next season to start this keeper league from scratch. While I have some very good talent on my roster this season (LJ, Addai, Jones-Drew, Ocho Cinco, Gates, Reggie Wayne) and would love to keep quite a few players....I think that the fair thing would be to start over. A few mangers disagree with that (obviously the LT owner does)...but I personally think that is the only way to do it fairly.

Any suggestions?

http://www.myfantasyleague.com

Great website. Been here for 2 years now, totally custom, very user friendly Here is a link to our custom league

http://football28.myfantasyleague.com/2006/home/22842
Tbones
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:04 pm

It sort of depends on what you're looking for, but as far as polished product goes, I think Sportsline is fantastic. It's very customizable and gives a good medium for posting messages and stories to taunt your leaguemates. The full price is $150 or so... I paid $120 for my leagues buying a month ahead of time and googling for a discount code.

But the only websites I've used have been Yahoo, ESPN, Sportsline, and rotowire (which absolutely sucks). So there may be better out there. But everyone who I've played with on Sportsline (over four different leagues, one of which has been around for five years) suggests staying on Sportsline whenever we're starting a new league and thinking of trying something else.

Also, as far as keeper league: I would vote you start from scratch. Particularly if you decided to do a keeper league now and not before you did this year's draft. And I'd look seriously into doing an auction draft. It's the best way to make drafts fair, but particularly keeper leagues, where if you get one of the first two picks you have a dominant position for a number of years if you just keep the draft snake-style.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk