Incredible high school game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Incredible high school game

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:23 am

Here is a link describing the game, first couple paragraphs are about another exciting game that was played today for the 4A championship between Tampa school Plant and Tim Tebows old HS Nease from JAX
Crazy part about the 5A comback gam was St. Thomas did not start scoring until the 4th quarter

http://www.620wdae.com/cc-common/mainheadlines2.html?feed=122843&article=1017783
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eman » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:21 am

65 game win streak? Eh, that's nothing compared to De La Salle. ;-D Both teams seem to simply be the outright dominant football force in their respective areas.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:35 am

Bull crap - you guys Independence owns all. 107 consecutitive wins 7 straight division 4a titles. boo yaw. Produced: Chris Leak, Mohammed massoquai, joe cox, daryl mcfadden, etc, etc.
I have 2 EXCITING STORIES TO SHARE:

Anyways, at my old alma mater we were up 21-7 at the half..just last weekend....our defense tired in the fourth quarter. They scored 2 quick TDs on some broke tackles. Tied the game up 28-28. On the ensuing kickoff our best player lance lewis fumbled the ball and the other team western alamance recovered the ball and the 22 yard line. They got stopped on a run play trying to "better" FG postion. Well the next play they tried it again...and got in the middle. Next play on 3rd down -- oops OFFSIDES 5 yd penalty move them closer. We had all our timeouts left...used 2 of them iced the kicker he shanked a FG jsut wide left...game went into overtime...on our first play QB dee bost keeper around the Right side TD. On their first play #4 rolls out and gets picked off short of the 5 yd line and game over. We allowed 3 TDs on some questionable tackling a recovered onside kick and a fumble on the ensuing kickoff that almost lead to us losing, instead we won. Basically we had the game almost locked up, almost gave the game away and lost, SHOUDLVE lost, then won.

To top it off that was our 2nd state tile in 3 years. In 2004, in the western division semifinals our star QB Tommy Beecher (now backup to Blake Mitchell at USC...the starting TE Andy Boyd also went to same school with me..GO CONCORD #1 3a nc baby black and gold spider pride...we are the arachnaphobia....I know em both quite well...) throw a hail mary with 6 seconds to go and was caught in the end zone for the game winning score. Then, the next game, vs a team (ASHEVILLE) that knocked us out in the same game at their place based on a bad fumble call and a dirty ref call at the end of the 1st half....in 2000, my last game there, they took a 20-0 lead with 5:00 left to go in the game. That had left a sour taste in my mouth for the last few years....We threw some long passes scored a quickly and came from behind we scored 3 tds in less than 5 minutes!! Can you believe that? That also meant having to stop them between scores. Lance Lewis one of our two star receivers that year caught a pass slipped a tackle and fell into the end zone being tackled with 12 seconds left to go. This was the same guy that fumbled the ensuing kickoff from this year's state title game...Our school finally won a couple, after all those trips in the 80s 90s and early part of this decade...We went on to destroy the eastern champion shut them out 30-0 in 2004. Can you believe that one week a hail mary pass at the end of a game to win 25-22. Then, to top THAT off, Next week score 3 TDs in under 5:00 to be specific....there fans were shouting losers, losers at us when they had the ball with about 8 minutes to go and scored their 3rd TD...Our team played great even on defense, we allowed less ydg than they did, however one of their TDs was on a punt return and the other was a fumble return...we earned the nickname "cardiac kids" in reference to the "cardiac cats" -- Just last year, our basketball team made it all the way to the championshipo game as well. Well in that said championshipo game we lost, however the guy on the other team that beat us, is playing for Carolina as we speak his name is Jason WRight and as Vitale says "hes one of those electric diaper dandies, he's gonna be a prime star star, baby.." That trip to the title game earnt a visit from Oak hill academy. We all know what they can do. How many great players have come from there? Do I need to go on? Its been exciting around here the last couple years. Football is big around here. I heard at one time a scool about 45 mins from here Burns was ranked #2 in the country as some point. Although, they didn't play like it in the playoffs, some low seed upset them, I was so shocked. I guess they didn't deserve that high ranking. Do any of these names sound familar?
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:51 am

MadDog - here's a tip:

;-D
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:13 am

lmcjaho wrote:MadDog - here's a tip:

;-D
:-b :-b :-b
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:21 am

Maddog is right!!! You guys should know what the hell you're talking about before you post. Otherwise, your independence will really show!!! ;-) :-)
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to General Talk