I'm sick of people ranking on others - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I'm sick of people ranking on others

Moderator: Football Moderators

I'm sick of people ranking on others

Postby Crystalstorm » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:19 pm

Isn't this site supposed to be about FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!
I'm can't stand when someone posts something,and the guy that made the posts spells a name wrong or he makes a typo and people are always out to RANK(Correct the person who didn't spell something CURECT.)

I see it ALL the time.If I Post something like "Eddggarin James will have a BIG game Today!!!!!"There will always be some ASS that will reply,You can't even spell his name right,it's Edgerrin not Eddddddddgggggarin,so I dought you know squat,learn how to spell.

This is about football,not correcting others spelling errors,or typo's.Keep it to yourself if your so smart,and just be proud that you can spell HOUSHMANDZADEH.Their is Absolutely no need to rank on others.People are here for football info,it's not a spelling contest.When Someone says TOM BRADDIE,you know what they mean.Reply with football info and NOT SPELLING INFO!!!
I'm sure someone will try and correct my GRAMMMARR !!!!!
Crystalstorm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:27 pm

wrong forum.

and you misspelled grammar.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby theimitator » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:50 pm

Boy, sounds like sower graps.
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:50 pm

Sometimes I correct people's usages in an honest attempt to help them. Like it or not, people take you less seriously when you write, "Dood, i did tis ttlly stoopid thing. i tredad away rendy mos for nate barleson. But my cimmsoner, who is my frend, seys he's giong to vito it for me. Wil my legue complane?"

Typos are one thing. But when you really have problems, it's not just random strangers on a fantasy board who are going to think less of you.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mattb47 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:09 pm

Matthias wrote:Sometimes I correct people's usages in an honest attempt to help them. Like it or not, people take you less seriously when you write, "Dood, i did tis ttlly stoopid thing. i tredad away rendy mos for nate barleson. But my cimmsoner, who is my frend, seys he's giong to vito it for me. Wil my legue complane?"

Typos are one thing. But when you really have problems, it's not just random strangers on a fantasy board who are going to think less of you.

I agree.....it may seem like being nitpicky, but everyone when they look at a post that has tons of spelling errors they take it less seriously than they would someone who actually takes the time to do things right.

Who SOUNDS like they know what they're talking about? The person who has very good spelling and grammar, or the person who has very poor spelling and grammar, misspelling every 3rd word?
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Drew_70 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:11 pm

Matthias wrote:Sometimes I correct people's usages in an honest attempt to help them. Like it or not, people take you less seriously when you write, "Dood, i did tis ttlly stoopid thing. i tredad away rendy mos for nate barleson. But my cimmsoner, who is my frend, seys he's giong to vito it for me. Wil my legue complane?"

LOL. :-b I don't answer people when they have multiple typos. }:-) . Especially when it's really blatant.
Drew_70
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: I'm sick of people ranking on others

Postby stomperrob » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:13 pm

Crystalstorm wrote:Isn't this site supposed to be about FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!
I'm can't stand when someone posts something,and the guy that made the posts spells a name wrong or he makes a typo and people are always out to RANK(Correct the person who didn't spell something CURECT.)

I see it ALL the time.If I Post something like "Eddggarin James will have a BIG game Today!!!!!"There will always be some ASS that will reply,You can't even spell his name right,it's Edgerrin not Eddddddddgggggarin,so I dought you know squat,learn how to spell.

This is about football,not correcting others spelling errors,or typo's.Keep it to yourself if your so smart,and just be proud that you can spell HOUSHMANDZADEH.Their is Absolutely no need to rank on others.People are here for football info,it's not a spelling contest.When Someone says TOM BRADDIE,you know what they mean.Reply with football info and NOT SPELLING INFO!!!
I'm sure someone will try and correct my GRAMMMARR !!!!!

doubt not dought
you're not your
there not their

It's just hard to take someone seriously who doesn't speak proper English, especially someone who gets so enraged about not being able to. And this is the wrong forum!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:24 pm

all you people telling him it's the wrong forum. you just want the little eye ball icon, i know it.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 4Pack » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:29 pm

Yeah...a small percentage of misspelled words and grammer issues do not bother me. However....when you come across like you are talking to your buddy on the street and using that slang crap (dis, dat, wassup, jo mamma. etc. etc.)...then I normally do not even finish reading the question/comment.
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:40 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:all you people telling him it's the wrong forum. you just want the little eye ball icon, i know it.

WRONG FORUM!!

:-B

Anyways, yea, I agree with most people here. I'll ignore most isolated typos, misspelled words, grammar mistakes, etc. but if it feels like I'm translating Egyptian hieroglyphics, I'm not gonna bother reading any further. Sure, a poster may just want to talk football, but this is the internet and we don't get anything to go by except what is posted. The person may not be an idiot, but if the post looks like crap a monkey pounded out on a computer, I'll probably treat the poster like a monkey.

How a person posts on an internet message board is usually the only impression others get of that person, so I don't see why making sure a post is legible for others is so difficult. And it doesn't take much time at all to scan over a post before hitting "Submit," especially when most posts here are on average, about two sentences long. If a poster doesn't care about the slightest bit of grammar, then I'm not going to care about the post and/or question.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk