Week 14 GC: Chicago @ St. Louis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 14 GC: Chicago @ St. Louis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Munboy » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:02 am

Way to go Bulger...go ahead and give the Bears D more points. :-[ :-#
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:03 am

MinorityAuthority wrote:Good I listened to all those experts saying don't play Bulger...

Bulger = 27 points (proj. 9)
Leinart = 17 points (proj. 11)
Pennington = 6 (proj. 16)

Cost me $200. Hector & Victor of ESPN are officially the 2 biggest tools of fantasy football that ever lived. They make Funston look like Einstein. :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t

I wasn't aware they were able to access your team and set your lineup for you....you should be really upset about that. It's not like you chose to follow the experts' advice and sit Bulger for your team where YOU have complete control. I would send an angry email.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:11 am

TheDiplomats wrote:Did anyone just catch that shot of Desmond Clark's eyes?

He's got a crazy eye going on there.

Yea, his lazy eye was one of the things we Bears fans used to complain about before we realized that Desmond isn't that bad once he has a decent QB, LOL. St. Louis has a guy with a crazy eye too, but I don't think the cameras got any shots of Coakley's face.

Anyways, Hester has turned out to be a great steal for a 2nd round pick. If he can turn out to be a great corner too, then even better. I kinda shuddered when I noticed that Hester was the corner guarding Holt on his first TD catch. Gave me visions of last year's playoff loss when I saw Chris Thompson guarding Steve Smith. Talk about mismatch.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby masarume » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:11 am

fantasy 'experts' i guess are more dependable

common sense would have bulger sat vs a top 3 D in the league

in fantasy sports, you can't get too mad, things like this will just happen ;-D
masarume

Hockey Mod
Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby MinorityAuthority » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:15 am

Yeah I overmanaged the whole year.

I let my brain rule over what my gut felt. That's what I get for not sticking with what got me to the championship. At least I didn't lose by 1, because then I would have lost because of a botched extra point.

And the guy I lost to is a jerk and pretty darn annoying as well. Nobody really wanted him to win, and that makes it hurt more.

But congrats to the Bears. Somebody is gonna draft them in the 2nd or 3rd round soon if this kinda stuff keeps up.
MinorityAuthority
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby illiniprd » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:24 am

Thank god Gould can't kick field goals!!!! Because of that, I made it into the playoffs by two points!!!!
illiniprd
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 7)

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:27 am

MinorityAuthority wrote:But congrats to the Bears. Somebody is gonna draft them in the 2nd or 3rd round soon if this kinda stuff keeps up.

That's already been done a whole lot by Bears homers. Just check out the forums at ChicagoBears.com during preseason and you'll find a bunch of people posting saying they took the Bears defense in the 1st round.

Anyways, signs of life from Bulger is nice. Means that I can swap him and Hasslebeck around based on matchup in the only league where I made the playoffs.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:30 am

For those of you who saw the game how did Hester look at CB. I heard Holt abused him a few times but he isn't exactly easy to cover. Overall, how do you think he did?

I'm asking because I really want to pick him up in my dynasty leauge (with IDP) but if he isn't going to start at CB in a year or two then I might have better options.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby illiniprd » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:37 am

Too raw, and early to tell. He gets moved around so much now, he doesn't know how to cover an nfl route. Anyone else see, on the near side of the field, when it looked like he thought it was going to be a run play, and he ran towards the line before the snap? It wasn't a jam, because he ran toward the middle of the field. Then when the ball was snapped, he was in terrible position. However, we all know he has the speed to cover, he just needs practice. How long are tillman and vasher locked up? I know through at least the 2007 season, and Vasher for sure through 2008. He might become a nickle and dime corner.
illiniprd
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 7)

Postby MinorityAuthority » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:44 am

They should use him how Miami used him.

As a Reggie Bush type. Kinda like how Champ Bailey was used in the beginning of his career. He handed end arounds in college, and you could use him as a decoy as well.

I don't see the Bears offense being that wide open though.
MinorityAuthority
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting