No Respect for OSU - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

No Respect for OSU

Moderator: Football Moderators

No Respect for OSU

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:08 am

I hate USC. OSU loses a close game to a very good, ranked Wisconsin team, at wisconsin and they fall to 8. USC is somehow ranked 4th, (above OSU) despite losing to an unranked 3-4 Cal team that has lost to such powerhouses as Colorado State and Utah. What is wrong with these people? I hate USC. Give the defending champs some respect.
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby UGAdawg » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:21 am

Gotta agree with you here. Never have liked USC and they shouldn't be ranked ahead of some other teams. But, when the BCS comes out, that's what will matter anyhow, right?
UGAdawg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:35 pm

yea, but the polls influence your score in the bcs rankings... which is stupid. the whole system is stupid

Friendliness: %

Postby UGAdawg » Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:19 am

I know that the polls influence the BCS but it also takes into account strength of schedule and other things which should level out the rankings across the polls.

I don't like the BCS either but some of these polls are so biased against certain teams whether they win or lose.
UGAdawg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:36 am

You can't honestly argue that OSU is a top 5 team. They've looked absolutely horrendous the entire year. Their offense is probably worse than several division AA schools. They couldn't score an offensive TD against San Diego State, a team that's given up offensive TD's to teams like Davidson and gave up 40 pts to Utah.

They've had to rely on other teams screwing up this year. NC state takes a kickoff off their helmet that OSU recovers in the end zone, Iowa loses two fumbles on snaps and a safety on a snap, etc.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Ousmagic » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:10 pm

Free Bagel wrote:You can't honestly argue that OSU is a top 5 team. They've looked absolutely horrendous the entire year. Their offense is probably worse than several division AA schools. They couldn't score an offensive TD against San Diego State, a team that's given up offensive TD's to teams like Davidson and gave up 40 pts to Utah.

They've had to rely on other teams screwing up this year. NC state takes a kickoff off their helmet that OSU recovers in the end zone, Iowa loses two fumbles on snaps and a safety on a snap, etc.

thanks for proving the point of the topic OSU GETS NO RESPECT!! when usc loses to california they just played a bad game but when osu loses to wisconsin, they suck they never deserved to be ranked that high to begin with, just deal with the fact that osu has a great team
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:23 pm

Ousmagic wrote:thanks for proving the point of the topic OSU GETS NO RESPECT!! when usc loses to california they just played a bad game but when osu loses to wisconsin, they suck they never deserved to be ranked that high to begin with, just deal with the fact that osu has a great team

The difference is that USC wins all their other games in convincing fashion, like tonight with a 20 point win over Washington State.

Meanwhile, whne OSU's not losing they're pulling out 1-3 point wins against teams with 1-6 records, like tonight's 21-20 win over PSU (where the officials actually handed them the win with the most blatant missed call ever on that winning drive, the ball bounces off the ground and then the guy picks it up and they call it a catch).

Not to mention that to try and beat Wisconsin, OSU actually stabbed their QB in the throat multiple times to the point where the kid couldn't even talk anymore.....and then you come and ask for respect?

I'm sorry, but I've had a soft spot for OSU ever since they helped my Gators win the National title back in '96, so I'm not just saying they're not very good because I don't like them. I know lots and lots of OSU fans, and they're all willing to admit that OSU does not have a very good team this year.

Last year was their year, you got your national title, trying to overrate your team this year only makes that national title less convincing.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby hayesb26 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:24 am

I agree. OSU just doesnt have that good of a team this year. Yes, i agree they deserve to be ranked just not as high as they are. Their defense is decent but they have no running game at all. and then the should-be loss to PSU thanks to that catch call, who just outright ugly, shows that they just arent an elite team this season.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Ousmagic » Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:59 pm

hayesb26 wrote: Their defense is decent

ya they have a decent defense, BEST IN THE NATION, id say thats pretty decent
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dihall » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:49 am

I have to add my 2 cents worth in here. I am, as well as my whole family, an OSU fan, but they just seem to be playing only up to their opponent's abilities this year. I think they could beat some of the teams by more points, but for some reason they don't. Whether it is a mental thing or they actually don't want to pound them in the ground, I don't know, I personally think it is more of the first. They just don't seem to be playing to their potential. It's kind of sad for Ohio people, because you finally get a National Champion team and you have to watch them struggle against the team that they have this year. I just think Clarett was more of a factor than most people want to admit!
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to College Football