Curious... Does anyone with LT2 not make their playoffs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Curious... Does anyone with LT2 not make their playoffs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Curious... Does anyone with LT2 not make their playoffs?

Postby roroco » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:19 pm

I couldn't imagine having a consistent 30-40 point player on my team and not make a fantasy playoff. Did anyone just have a colossal meltdown at every other position???
==============================
Injuries happen, but can they happen to other managers now????
roroco
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gnu314 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:20 pm

I was the highest point scorer in one of my leagues and didn't make the playoffs with LT2.

In another one of my leagues the guy with LT2 had a pathetic draft and really didn't do much to improve his team, he won't make the playoffs.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Fold0rDie » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:21 pm

I've heard multiple people have LT and not make it, it happens if you have a crappy roster.

I'm happy for LT2, but I'm scared as hell for my chances next week in the playoffs. The Chargers blowing out the Horsies, the TD record, all points to a letdown game. I hope I'm wrong as hell, I really do. Someone tell me I'm off and slap me....

!+)
Fold0rDie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby benb18a » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:22 pm

In my main league, the LT owner is 5-7-1, and out of the playoffs. He also has Palmer, so the rest of his team pretty much sucked the big one. The total points leader is 5-8, also out of the playoffs, the LJ owner is out, and the Manning/Wayne owner is out. I picked SA/Jordan first and second, and am in first place :-D

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby jfg » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:23 pm

I just hope he keeps getting the reps.
jfg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jack » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:24 pm

Fold0rDie wrote:I'm happy for LT2, but I'm scared as hell for my chances next week in the playoffs. The Chargers blowing out the Horsies, the TD record, all points to a letdown game. I hope I'm wrong as hell, I really do. Someone tell me I'm off and slap me....

You're wrong. LT has been "due" for a let-down game for some time now, and it hasn't happened yet. He's had bad first halves--as far as fantasy points are concerned--this week and two weeks ago against the Raiders, but he always gets his. The Bolts are still going full-tilt in their bid to win home-field advantage, so I don't see them sitting him an awful lot, either.
Thanks to madaslives911 for this graphic from his site...
MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE!
Jack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mweir145 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:25 pm

I nearly didn't. Had to go on a 5 week winning streak at the end of the season, even though I was the top point getter the entire season. It wasn't from my team being bad either. I have Larry Johnson (traded Jurivicious and a pick for him last year a week before Priest got hurt).
Last edited by mweir145 on Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mweir145
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby roroco » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:26 pm

That surprises me that so many people with LT are out. I guess you could be a bad FF with the third pick. You had to take LT with that pick, but nothing stopping them from taking Rackers in the 3rd.

Still... If you had LT and didn't make the playoffs... You may want to rethink your drafting strategies :D
==============================
Injuries happen, but can they happen to other managers now????
roroco
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby biju » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:31 pm

Yes.

One guy in my league got the 2nd overall pick (#1 pick was Shaun Alexander) and his first 10 picks were:

Round - Player
1 - LaDainian Tomlinson
2 - Michael Vick
3 - Santana Moss
4 - Marty Booker
5 - TJ Houshmanzadeh
6 - Chris Brown
7 - Matt Leinart
8 - Mike Vanderjagt
9 - Giants D
10 - Amani Toomer

This is a 14 team fairly competitive league and this guy is a yearly donator. The only guy that seems out of place (as far as being a good pick) is Housh, otherwise he picked one serious dog of a team. He finished in 11th place.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:32 pm

Gnu314 wrote:I was the highest point scorer in one of my leagues and didn't make the playoffs with LT2.

same here. i had LT2 and the highest score in my league, but have had horrible luck with matchups...every team i play against seemed to have their best game of the year :-[
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting