Curious... Does anyone with LT2 not make their playoffs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Curious... Does anyone with LT2 not make their playoffs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby benb18a » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:32 pm

roroco wrote:

Still... If you had LT and didn't make the playoffs... You may want to rethink your drafting strategies :D

That is pretty ingorant. If you drafted Portis, Jordan, Moss, Culpepper, Bledsoe etc; basically any team out of the "2006 all bust team" thread and had LT but didn't make the playoffs, there isn't much you can do about it, especially not changing your drafting strategy.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TaDa » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:40 pm

It was pretty close in my league. I made the playoffs at 8-4-1 with LT and one of the teams in my division at 7-5-1 didn't make it based on tie breakers. This was a very close season for my league.

Reason it was close for me, was I drafted Julius Jones at #2RB and Randy Moss with my 4th pick. My TE slot has been a mess all year and it just gets close. I traded JJ and Bulger for Portis in week 6, and then Portis goes bye bye, so it's pretty easy to have LT and not make it.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby Fold0rDie » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:50 pm

Jack wrote:
Fold0rDie wrote:I'm happy for LT2, but I'm scared as hell for my chances next week in the playoffs. The Chargers blowing out the Horsies, the TD record, all points to a letdown game. I hope I'm wrong as hell, I really do. Someone tell me I'm off and slap me....

You're wrong. LT has been "due" for a let-down game for some time now, and it hasn't happened yet. He's had bad first halves--as far as fantasy points are concerned--this week and two weeks ago against the Raiders, but he always gets his. The Bolts are still going full-tilt in their bid to win home-field advantage, so I don't see them sitting him an awful lot, either.

Jack, I accounted for that in my worries. SDG is in the driver's seat now for Home-field so I hope Marty keeps them focused on the task at hand. KC shut down LT on the ground last time out so I really hope he remembers that game and comes out fired up. IMO, I would be surprised if LT gets two TDs next week. Like I said, I wanna be horribly wrong, I'm just preparing myself for a possible outcome 8-o
Fold0rDie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby schmidty » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:52 pm

Guy in my league is going to finish 6-8 with LT2. It's a solid squad, with C Palmer, Driver, Holt, F Taylor, Heap, J Lewis. A bit of hard-luck (4th highest points total in league, but 6th place in the standings) and mismanagement (forgot to substitute for players on bye weeks sometimes and doesn't seem to have a good grasp of picking good IDP players) are to blame.
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby roroco » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:57 pm

benb18a wrote:
roroco wrote:

Still... If you had LT and didn't make the playoffs... You may want to rethink your drafting strategies :D

That is pretty ingorant. If you drafted Portis, Jordan, Moss, Culpepper, Bledsoe etc; basically any team out of the "2006 all bust team" thread and had LT but didn't make the playoffs, there isn't much you can do about it, especially not changing your drafting strategy.
I - I - of course - was not being serious... Hence the smilie. (Although I can't tell which smiley is which on this board)
==============================
Injuries happen, but can they happen to other managers now????
roroco
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mothaudio » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:12 pm

In our work league the guy with LT finished next to last and just got bounced in the 1st rd.
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:21 pm

roroco wrote:
benb18a wrote:
roroco wrote:

I - I - of course - was not being serious... Hence the smilie. (Although I can't tell which smiley is which on this board)

If you really can't tell, then just put your mouse over it and see what the file name is. Hence biggrin.gif. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:05 pm

my team that didnt make the cut (a 12 man competitive league)

QB: brees, delhomme
RB: LT2, dillon, droughns, maroney, lundy
WR: boldin, housh, meshawn, mark clayton, berrian
TE: mcmichael
K: kaeding
DEF: rotation

i outscored the first place team (who was 10-3) by 40 points,and still was 6-7 coming into this week...putting me in 7th place.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benb18a » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:34 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
If you really can't tell, then just put your mouse over it and see what the file name is. Hence biggrin.gif. ;-D

I just wasn't sure if that was an "I am a FF God" arrogant grin, or a sarcastic one :-b

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:08 pm

LT owner (not LT2 - he's the first LT) in my league didn't make it...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting