Curious... Does anyone with LT2 not make their playoffs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Curious... Does anyone with LT2 not make their playoffs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jmog » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:13 pm

All it takes is having a season like I've had where everyone scores a ton more against you than they do most weeks.

Just to show you what I mean.

The top team in our league averages 141 pts/week in our scoring system.

The worst team in our league averages 106 pts/week.

The average score is 123 pts/week.

My team scores 138 pts/week.

I have on average 140 pts/week scored against me. By far the most in the league.

So, while I'm the 2nd highest scorer in the league, I am sitting at 7-7 after this week and I am out of the playoffs.

However, 2 of the lowest 3 scoring teams made the playoffs because they are also 2 of the 3 lowest scored against.

So, you could have a season where your team is the best in the league and not make the playoffs, it comes down to not only how good your team is, but also how "good" the other teams play you.

Nearly every team I played this year scored well above their average the week they played me.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lshark21 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:29 pm

I have LT and finished the season as the top scorer and the first seed at 10-3. After 5 weeks I did not think there was any way I would make the playoffs, at 2-3.

Current roster is D Brees, D Garrard, LT, Addai, Fargas, L Jordan, D Foster, S Smith, D Stallworth, A Bryant, K Winslow, C Cooley, J Brown, Cowboys DST
lshark21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby masarume » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:22 pm

Its all circumstance with Fantasy Football.

I've had a good year with LT (drafted 2nd overall in the keeper league).

My Team:
Bulger, Leinart, Cutler, Garcia, Holt, Walker, Stallworth, Henderson, LT, Gore, McGahee, Dillon, Cooley, Graham, Balt.

I like my QB to WR combos. It's worked for me for most of the year with Holt/Bulger before LT got hot.

My mistakes? Dropping Brees earlier and then recently Betts.

Other than that, 1st in points, first place 12-2.

Yeah the most important part is drafting and keeping your team straight, but it also depends on when your teams get hot and when your opponents don't. Like one of the previous posters said, you can have a top 2 team and still not make the playoffs.
masarume

Hockey Mod
Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby MinorityAuthority » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:27 am

I had LT2 and went 6-5 in the regular season.

Lost the 2nd week when he got taken out early.
Lost when Maroney (on my opp. team) went off on the Bengals D (on my team) and got me a negative 5 and I lost by 4.
Lost when Reggie Bush got his first TD on the punt return.
Lost when Bulger was on bye and Fitz was hurt and Leinart did squat @ Oakland, lost by 8.
Lost by 8 when Bulger got shut out and Harrison & Fitz went into a funk at the same time.

And I lost this week when I finally benched Bulger for somebody else and he goes off for 3rd highest point total this year.

Oh and I was #1 in scoring easily. That's how you lose with LT2.
MinorityAuthority
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jmog » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:50 am

With Holt having a good game last night I am now right behind the #1 team in total points. So I'm sitting at #2 in total points, and since his team has some injury issues I just might pass him for #1 by the end of the season, and I missed the playoffs with LT.

All it takes is to have everyone blow up the week they play against you.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby sickpuppy » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:17 pm

jmog wrote:All it takes is to have everyone blow up the week they play against you.

Once you experience this type of season, you'll understand.
sickpuppy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jmog » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:42 pm

sickpuppy wrote:
jmog wrote:All it takes is to have everyone blow up the week they play against you.

Once you experience this type of season, you'll understand.

Exactly. I am #2 in points right now in my 10 teamer, the first team blew up huge the first few weeks and built a huge points lead that I have been slowly chipping away at. I will most likely take over 1st in points by the end of the season...

And I'm out of the playoffs solely because no one in the league has had even close to the # of points scored against them that I have.

Like I said above, luckily for me, our league rewards the top 3 in points more than playoff participants. So, if I take over 1st in points I could still be the top money maker.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting