M. Barber III - a heartfelt thankyou. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

M. Barber III - a heartfelt thankyou.

Moderator: Football Moderators

M. Barber III - a heartfelt thankyou.

Postby loganberries » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:27 pm

I appreciate the 0 points next to your name in my lineup, esp during playoff week.
loganberries
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby futbol78 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:34 pm

I feel your pain. After Graham missed the PAT to give me a whopping -1, this is the last thing I needed. Compound that with the fact my ppponent had Glenn and I'll leave it up to you to figure out how things stand.
futbol78
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby timbobtoy13 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:40 pm

Yep, Barber pretty much killed me tonight. I am now down 10 with only SJax going against the Bears as my only hope. So I am pretty much screwed. Thank you again Marion Barber III for the big ol' goose egg.
timbobtoy13
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby futbol78 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:41 pm

He didn't give me zero, that would have been too generous. I got -.1 from Barber. I am down 11 with CHI defense and Holt to play. The bad news is my opponet has S. Jax.
futbol78
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The_Captain » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:41 pm

I'm really surprised he was not more involved in tonight's contest. He's been a HUGE part of the offense the past several weeks and it was odd they didn't involve him more.

Sorry man, I feel your pain too. I lost Chester Taylor, sat Reggie Bush (I know, I know......D'OH!) in favor of MBIII and Ciatrick Fason.....

Wow, next time I wish they'd lube first...... :-b

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:46 pm

The_Captain wrote:Sorry man, I feel your pain too. I lost Chester Taylor, sat Reggie Bush (I know, I know......D'OH!) in favor of MBIII and Ciatrick Fason.....

OUCH!

That's rough man. That's got to be the worst for today that I've read.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The_Captain » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:59 pm

beanoX3 wrote:
The_Captain wrote:Sorry man, I feel your pain too. I lost Chester Taylor, sat Reggie Bush (I know, I know......D'OH!) in favor of MBIII and Ciatrick Fason.....

OUCH!

That's rough man. That's got to be the worst for today that I've read.

I'm still trying to work the chaffing out I suffered from that job. :-b

It was rough but I made the call and made the wrong one. It was difficult to lose Chester Taylor and then make a move to start Fason, after all reports said he would get the start, only to watch Pinner tear up the Lions for 125 and 3 TD's....

Oh well, that's okay because next year will be here before we know it....

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

after

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:19 am

After Dallas was blown out by not using Barber much, I would think they would go right back to it next week. But we will see.
DbacksAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: after

Postby TheDiplomats » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:19 am

DbacksAllTheWay wrote:After Dallas was blown out by not using Barber much, I would think they would go right back to it next week. But we will see.

It's just weird that he wasn't in while they were getting blown out most of the game. He's a much better pass catcher and pass protecting RB then JJ is. You would think they would want Barber in there for dump off passes and protection from the blitzes while Romo lined up in the shotgun.

Look for Barber to have a bounce back game next week though. Atlanta's defense is built around speed, not size...which helps Barber out over jj. Wouldn't be surprised to see him have a better game then JJ.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: after

Postby BigDballer » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:36 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:
DbacksAllTheWay wrote:After Dallas was blown out by not using Barber much, I would think they would go right back to it next week. But we will see.

It's just weird that he wasn't in while they were getting blown out most of the game. He's a much better pass catcher and pass protecting RB then JJ is. You would think they would want Barber in there for dump off passes and protection from the blitzes while Romo lined up in the shotgun.

Look for Barber to have a bounce back game next week though. Atlanta's defense is built around speed, not size...which helps Barber out over jj. Wouldn't be surprised to see him have a better game then JJ.

While you are right about the catching and block... JJ is getting better at blocking. I haven't seen him give up a sack in a while. He does need to work on not looking down field as he catches dump offs.
( __ /)
(=*.*=)
( ")_(" )
BigDballer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting