Brutal Windstorm! - More Horrible Weather - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Brutal Windstorm! - More Horrible Weather

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brutal Windstorm! - More Horrible Weather

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:40 pm

Wow, first the rain and boil water advisory, then the storm storm and now this. Wind hit 60-90 km/h in Vancouver today. Power got knocked out at my school so I got home early (Yay!). Pretty sweet. I heard there was an explosion at the power generators near my school so I may have a headstart on Christmas Vacation ;-D
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:54 pm

Didn't think the wind was that strong. Was going to get my son from school. The school is behind our house and the school let us build a gate. Anyway I was opening the gate when one of the Alders in the greenbelt right next to our house split in half. I was maybe 30 feet away. I was thinking which way do I run, but it fell into the greenbelt.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mrblitz » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:11 pm

Wow, I've never witnessed winds anything near that. The Early Xmas Vacation sounds sweet though. :-)

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:25 pm

I was at a friends house a few years ago in Eugene during a pretty nasty windstorm and huge fir tree fell on his house. The house actually held up pretty well, it ripped through one side of the roof but the peek held and only one branch came through the celling. Scared the crap out of us though. We heard this horriable loud noise and then all of a sudden part of a tree was in the room with us....crazy. He actually got two sky lights and vaulted his celling out of the insurance money he got so it worked out pretty well for him i guess. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Muenster22 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:40 pm

Crazy stuff, here in Wisconsin the wierd weather that we get is hail. We've had a lot of hail storms the past couple years.
Muenster22
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:49 am

Muenster22 wrote:Crazy stuff, here in Wisconsin the wierd weather that we get is hail. We've had a lot of hail storms the past couple years.

My brother just moved up to Wisconsin, near West Bend. All he tells me is it's really cold right now...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:24 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Muenster22 wrote:Crazy stuff, here in Wisconsin the wierd weather that we get is hail. We've had a lot of hail storms the past couple years.

My brother just moved up to Wisconsin, near West Bend. All he tells me is it's really cold right now...

When I saw West Bend it reminded me of Bend Oregon which in turn reminded me or Mt Bachelor which of course always reminds me of snowboarding. Sniff, sniff I miss Oregon. :,-(

Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Re: Brutal Windstorm! - More Horrible Weather

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:52 am

bobbing_headz wrote:Wow, first the rain and boil water advisory, then the storm storm and now this. Wind hit 60-90 km/h in Vancouver today. Power got knocked out at my school so I got home early (Yay!). Pretty sweet. I heard there was an explosion at the power generators near my school so I may have a headstart on Christmas Vacation ;-D

psssh that's only like 30-40 mph, you canadians are always over sensationalizing things with your metric system and stuff. 8-o
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:12 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:Wow, first the rain and boil water advisory, then the storm storm and now this. Wind hit 60-90 km/h in Vancouver today. Power got knocked out at my school so I got home early (Yay!). Pretty sweet. I heard there was an explosion at the power generators near my school so I may have a headstart on Christmas Vacation ;-D

psssh that's only like 30-40 mph, you canadians are always over sensationalizing things with your metric system and stuff. 8-o

Didn't catch the metric system in his post. I knew the winds weren't at 90mph. :-B
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:15 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:

Didn't catch the metric system in his post. I knew the winds weren't at 90mph. :-B

bobbing_headz wrote: Wind hit 60-90 km/h in Vancouver

yep i'm pretty sure that km/h is kilometers per hour
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk