Brutal Windstorm! - More Horrible Weather - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Brutal Windstorm! - More Horrible Weather

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Brutal Windstorm! - More Horrible Weather

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:19 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:Wow, first the rain and boil water advisory, then the storm storm and now this. Wind hit 60-90 km/h in Vancouver today. Power got knocked out at my school so I got home early (Yay!). Pretty sweet. I heard there was an explosion at the power generators near my school so I may have a headstart on Christmas Vacation ;-D


psssh that's only like 30-40 mph, you canadians are always over sensationalizing things with your metric system and stuff. 8-o


Didn't catch the metric system in his post. I knew the winds weren't at 90mph. :-B


bobbing_headz wrote: Wind hit 60-90 km/h in Vancouver

yep i'm pretty sure that km/h is kilometers per hour


I know he is fairly local, even though he is across the boarder. I read 60-90 and assumed MPH. But looking outside I knew the wind wasn't even 60 MPH, even though I did see that tree fall.
Image
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4620
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Time to FEED THE BEAST!

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:33 pm

Oops, my bad. Shoulda used mph.
Image
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 5602
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: North of the Border

Re: Brutal Windstorm! - More Horrible Weather

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:46 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:Wow, first the rain and boil water advisory, then the storm storm and now this. Wind hit 60-90 km/h in Vancouver today. Power got knocked out at my school so I got home early (Yay!). Pretty sweet. I heard there was an explosion at the power generators near my school so I may have a headstart on Christmas Vacation ;-D


psssh that's only like 30-40 mph, you canadians are always over sensationalizing things with your metric system and stuff. 8-o


Didn't catch the metric system in his post. I knew the winds weren't at 90mph. :-B


bobbing_headz wrote: Wind hit 60-90 km/h in Vancouver

yep i'm pretty sure that km/h is kilometers per hour


I know he is fairly local, even though he is across the boarder. I read 60-90 and assumed MPH. But looking outside I knew the wind wasn't even 60 MPH, even though I did see that tree fall.


Yeah, I live in Texas. We golf and play tennis in 20 MPH winds. We had 60-65 MPH winds a few weeks ago and life just goes on. Nothing changes. :-b

Of course, we are out playing and running around when it is 105 degrees outside too when you Canadians are all having heatstroke. But oh man, it hits about 10 degrees and cya. Everybody holes up in their houses. not to be budged. Whereas I know a guy in Canada that biked to work when it was -40 degrees outside. :-b ;-D
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Re: Brutal Windstorm! - More Horrible Weather

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:10 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:[Yeah, I live in Texas. We golf and play tennis in 20 MPH winds. We had 60-65 MPH winds a few weeks ago and life just goes on. Nothing changes. :-b


I've been to Dallas a few times now for business reasons and I have some message board friends in the area so the last few times I arranged to stay the weekend and hang out with them and play golf and stuff...

One of the times (summer before last?) we played Tour 18 in a tornado warning ;-D
Image
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3441
Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Montreal

Re: Brutal Windstorm! - More Horrible Weather

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:21 am

lmcjaho wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:[Yeah, I live in Texas. We golf and play tennis in 20 MPH winds. We had 60-65 MPH winds a few weeks ago and life just goes on. Nothing changes. :-b


I've been to Dallas a few times now for business reasons and I have some message board friends in the area so the last few times I arranged to stay the weekend and hang out with them and play golf and stuff...

One of the times (summer before last?) we played Tour 18 in a tornado warning ;-D


Yeah, I live in the Panhandle, so it is even 10 times worse here than in the Metro area. One of my friends went down to Dallas on business and played past like 10 or 11 groups cause they were waiting on the wind to die down. About a 10 mile per hour wind. He is used to playing in up to 20-25 MPH winds. :-b
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Postby Sandrock » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:05 am

40 mph winds are a nightly occurence here on the Oregon Coast. Nothing to worry about till you hit at least 50 mph.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1422
Joined: 1 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Reser Stadium; lamenting the D-Line for 2011

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:03 am

The game should be fun on Thursday. We have another wind storm set to blow through. About 10pm winds are expected to be 35-50 mph sustained with max gusts between 60-70 mph. My house should see max gusts between 80-90 mph. I can guarantee I'll be without power when I wake up.
Image
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4620
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Time to FEED THE BEAST!

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:22 pm

Wow what a night. Lost power last night about 10:30. Still have no power and it's suppose to snow tonight.

After riding out that storm at home i now have a lot of respect for all the people who ride out a hurricain. I know our winds were not that bad, but it was an amazing storm.

Local power company says I may not have power for several days. Listening to the storm reports on the radio, 1.5 million people are without power.
Image
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4620
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Time to FEED THE BEAST!

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:39 pm

SeaWolf wrote:Wow what a night. Lost power last night about 10:30. Still have no power and it's suppose to snow tonight.

After riding out that storm at home i now have a lot of respect for all the people who ride out a hurricain. I know our winds were not that bad, but it was an amazing storm.

Local power company says I may not have power for several days. Listening to the storm reports on the radio, 1.5 million people are without power.


How are you typing this with no power, laptop? :-?
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:45 pm

Metroid wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:Wow what a night. Lost power last night about 10:30. Still have no power and it's suppose to snow tonight.

After riding out that storm at home i now have a lot of respect for all the people who ride out a hurricain. I know our winds were not that bad, but it was an amazing storm.

Local power company says I may not have power for several days. Listening to the storm reports on the radio, 1.5 million people are without power.


How are you typing this with no power, laptop? :-?


I work 6p-2a.
Image
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4620
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Time to FEED THE BEAST!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 16:05 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact