Jeff Garcia - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Jeff Garcia

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby delorian00 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:52 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:jeff garcia just bought a house with carmella decesare. he's the man.

Terrell Owens thinks he's gay? His fiancee is a Playboy PMOY. Who's TO with besides himself? Right...

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!? that girl is amazing! who cares about his stats, i'd start garcia just for hitting that!
delorian00
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eman » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:24 pm

Garcia's playing like he did in his Golden days with the Niners, and as far as I'm concerned that makes him a great start even against a mediocrely good defense. I'm starting him confidently expecting somewhere in the 15-25 point range. ;-D
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:12 am

delorian00 wrote:ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!? that girl is amazing! who cares about his stats, i'd start garcia just for hitting that!

Yeah, he's the man. I just read the other day in a magazine, but I looked it up and I think they bought it in September:

Eagles backup quarterback Jeff Garcia has bought a nest with his fiancee, Carmella DeCesare, Playboy's Playmate of the Year 2004, the L.A. Times reports. Well-built. The house, silly, the house - a $2.8 million trilevel near the ocean in Manhattan Beach, Calif., with five bedrooms, 41/2 baths and elevator. In 2004, Garcia was involved in a dustup with Owens, his former San Francisco 49ers teammate, after Owens implied in an interview with Playboy that Garcia was gay. Owens later backed off the statement.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:29 am

Garcia has been better than I thought he'd be, but I'm still gonna reserve judgement until I see him against a competent defense and how he responds when the other team has an offense that can score. He's had nice games against Carolina, who has seriously underachieved this year on offense and is nowhere near the stalwart defense most people thought they'd field in the offseason, and Washington, who is starting basically a rookie QB and another defense that is nothing compared to offseason projections.

NYG and Dallas should present a nice test for him. Unfortunately, both are divisional road games and I wouldn't chance it for the fantasy playoffs, even with my one team that is stuck with Delhomme, Grossman, and Rothliesberger.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby maddog60 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:40 pm

eman wrote:Garcia's playing like he did in his Golden days with the Niners, and as far as I'm concerned that makes him a great start even against a mediocrely good defense. I'm starting him confidently expecting somewhere in the 15-25 point range. ;-D

Dare I say it, but Garcia was good, not great, but good, in SF, went to Cleveland and Detroit and looked like he was washed up, now in Philly he's good again. Perhaps Garcia was never that bad, Detroit and Cleveland are just in that much disarray?
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby baubaby » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:36 pm

Garcia had the team record for passing yards in a season with the 49ers....that would qualify as a great year,,,and I think he threw in another really good year or two...
baubaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting