Fantasy rulz must change because of the new Th. night sched. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy rulz must change because of the new Th. night sched.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dgan » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:01 am

Peacesells wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I mean, thats harsh luck, but don't blame the league- they don't schedule things for fantasy...

Are you so sure? Of course this is a little tongue in cheek but I seriously believe that there is definitely a larger market for "crappy" games due to the explosion of fantasy football. Some of these "extra" games have been horrible match ups that only die-hard fans and fantasy footballers would bother glancing at. The NFL knows the power of fantasy and are definitely exploiting it...and they should.

Peace

I don't think it has as much to do with fantasy as just the NFL in general has appeal. There is nothing else on. Nascar is done (thank god!), NBA is in the meaningless part of the season, NCAA football is on their 6 week layoff, NCAA basketball is still playing out of conference schedules, and the NHL is...well, it's the NHL.

Give me anything NFL other than Oakland or Houston and I'll watch that over just about anything else on. And my fantasy season is over. :~(

So I think that plays a very small role in the NFL scheduling games 4 days of the week this time of year.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk