Ever Fought a Wild Bird? This Kid Has... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Ever Fought a Wild Bird? This Kid Has...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:02 pm

My nose was nearly bit off when I was about 6 by a goose at the zoo. !+)

I think this kid was awfully brave. Nice job saving your dog, son. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:33 pm

hehe, I just thought of this. When I was about 6 our family went to a Marina in Abilene, Texas. you know, one of those where you pay to fish and the second your hook gets within sight of a fish, they leap out of the water and grab it...
Yeah, one of those, so anyway, there is like more fish in the marina than water. Plus, everybody is throwing in food, so they are all around the walkway. Well, I bend down to look at the fish and all of the sudden, one jumps OUT of the water and SLAPS the living daylights out of me.

MAN, it hurt like the dickens!!!!

Anyway, fun times nowthat I am looking back at it. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:00 pm

Way to go kid. I have a chihuahua, and I think about some big bird trying to swoop and get her all the time. I would hate to kick the bird, but you betcha I would.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:17 pm

I have actually beaten many a wild bird in a fight.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guru13 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:11 pm

My uncle's a falconer and has a red-tail hawk and I 4 foot span is dang big, one time I walked out in their garage and he was weighing it and it flew right at me and I almost crapped my pants!
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:24 pm

I see a couple people here have been roughed up by a goose. My old lady got roughed up by a few geese when she was a little girl and now shes petrified of them, like she has a serious phobia now, she wont go near them. However she has an extreme fondness for ducks, which is good. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:57 pm

I was chased into my house by geese, but unlike some of the stories told here, I was 16 at the time. Geese camp out in my neighborhood for most of the year, eating and crapping all over the place. One day after school, I get off the bus and go to get the mail. However, a goose couple had picked the spot right next to the mailbox as nice spot to let their chicks sleep. The parents went nuts when I got the mail and the male started honking at me like crazy. Apparently, that called the other males in the area, and I got chased into the house by 6 angry geese. Had a cut on my hand where one snapped at me and had feathers all over me.

I would have whacked them on the head or something, but stupid Canadian geese were still protected under environmental laws or something, and plenty of notices were posted at school and in the village paper that people who harm the geese will be prosecuted. Geese in my area are a big enough problem that some police cars have "geese horns" that supposedly chase them off the road and enough kids and adults have been fined and/or arrested for harming the geese. I've even heard of people getting fined because their pet (dog) mauled a goose.

I'm not scared of geese, but I sure would like to kill one without getting in trouble for it. ;-D
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Ever Fought a Wild Bird? This Kid Has...

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:40 pm

knapplc wrote:
Boy battles hawk to save pup
By Norman Miller/Daily News Staff
Sunday, December 10, 2006 - Updated: 01:00 AM EST

WESTON - Chris Campo had to fight a wild beast for his puppy's life on Friday when a red tailed hawk tried to turn the youngster's Dachshund into dinner.

Well that's a great story, but I blame the father for buying his kid a Dachshund instead of a real dog...

Because really:

+
=

;-D
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk