Keeper League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keeper League

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper League

Postby Sophomore » Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:23 pm

This is my 2nd year in this league...Luckily I had George, Holmes and Smith as my keepers from last year....Take a look at my lineup and tell me what u think :-)

QB - Culpepper, Bledsoe
RB - Holmes, George, A. Thomas, W. Green, C. Portis
WR - R. Smith, Holt, Thrash, Gardner, Glenn
TE - Gonzalez, Shockey
K - Dawson
Def - Kearse, Nickerson, Wayne, Bell

Defense I know is just luck of the draw...But I have gotten offers for Holmes and Thomas (2 different teams), both for WRs...I think I have a chance this year (7th place last year)...Will I still have a chance trading A Train or Holmes????
Sophomore

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby n_tremain23 » Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:51 pm

Your QB's look pretty good.Cullpepper needs a productive running game to be effective,but has the potential to be among NFL's best.
Bledsoe is just average without protection,he wil have better receiver to toss to than in New England,but his inability to avoid pressure limits the Bills offense.

RB's are DEEEEP!Maybe too deep,if possible.If it was me I would possibly trade away atleast one back.George should regain his old form as an elite back in this league.The Chiefs might try to pass more,but Holmes still should put up big numbers.Thomas is amazing,he has the ability to carry the load and wear down opponents with his powerful running style.Green is expected to contribute right away as the Browns' No. 1 back,and there's no reason why he shouldn't.Portis has unbelievable lower body strength and leg drive,along with excellant instincts as a runner.He will pick up most of his yards after first contact.If given the chance to play all year in Denver's crowded backfield,he could produce big!

WR's look deep also.Rod Smith is still one of the best and most productive receivers in the league,but his speed is in decline and concerns about durability are on the rise.Torry Holt is one of the NFL's most dangerous receivers. He has a very good understanding of his role in the Rams' offense and benefits playing opposite Isaac Bruce.

TE's look great.Gonzalez is a much-feared force as a receiver in the Chief's passing game,and the team will get the ball to him as often as possible.Shockey has good receiving ability and is expected to have an immediate impact in the passing game.He's not an effective blocker,if that matters much.

That's my comments on your team,one thing that I would possibly do is to trade one of your backs along with Bledsoe for possibly a McNair,Brunell,or Griese,just an upgrade to Bledsoe,that's just me though.
n_tremain23

Postby kashikis » Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:51 am

honestly i wouldnt do a thing with your lineup your are deep everywhere but QB which are still solid. i wouldn't trade any RB beacuse i might be old fashioned but your team lives and dies by RB you can never have too much depth there. plus i think theyd be worth more in a trade later in the year as it is so id stick with this lineup and ride it out! Excellent Draft ;-D
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:28 pm

that look pretty damn good to me. only suggestion is find a better kicker... just check the free agent list. thats not a big deal though.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby sophomore » Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:42 pm

I did...but there really aren't any out there...I figured I would wait for the first week and then look for one...Hopefully some teams will figure out who the starting kicker will be....
sophomore

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk