Computer/Internet/Tech Gurus... Help? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Computer/Internet/Tech Gurus... Help?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Computer/Internet/Tech Gurus... Help?

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:22 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew of a service, website, or other idea to help me out with this dilemma. I want to be able to receive text messages, but do so independently of a phone. (For example, someone sends me a text message, and it is sent directly to my email, or a website, where I can check it later).

Is there a website or service that allows this to happen? Any help would be greatly appreciated.


;-D
Image
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6209
Joined: 20 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On my Ipod Touch

Re: Computer/Internet/Tech Gurus... Help?

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:21 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:I was wondering if anyone knew of a service, website, or other idea to help me out with this dilemma. I want to be able to receive text messages, but do so independently of a phone. (For example, someone sends me a text message, and it is sent directly to my email, or a website, where I can check it later).

Is there a website or service that allows this to happen? Any help would be greatly appreciated.


;-D


wouldn't that be called instant messanger or AIM, or maybe it's just called email?

Sorry BM I have no idea but i thought I'd respond anyway ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Computer/Internet/Tech Gurus... Help?

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:29 pm

Redskins Win wrote:wouldn't that be called instant messanger or AIM, or maybe it's just called email?

Sorry BM I have no idea but i thought I'd respond anyway ;-D


It's All good RW.

Kinda like AIM, etc, except instead of recieving messages from other IMs, I'd like to recieve text messages from phones. :-/
Image
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6209
Joined: 20 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On my Ipod Touch

Re: Computer/Internet/Tech Gurus... Help?

Postby Metroid » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:31 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:wouldn't that be called instant messanger or AIM, or maybe it's just called email?

Sorry BM I have no idea but i thought I'd respond anyway ;-D


It's All good RW.

Kinda like AIM, etc, except instead of recieving messages from other IMs, I'd like to recieve text messages from phones. :-/


I no nothing but that would be pretty cool. If this can be done I wonder if you can send pics from a camera phone? :-?
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Postby The_Captain » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:44 pm

Hey TBM -

I just checked with my Network Admin and he said there is no service available outside of the cell phone service provider which would reroute a text message to an email address. You would have to contact the phone service provider to see if they have a service available to do this. I do know text messages can be sent from a phone to an email address. I have verizon phone service and just tested this at my office.

Good luck.
Image
Image

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13949
Joined: 8 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Lurking somewhere between here and there...

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:52 pm

The_Captain wrote:Hey TBM -

I just checked with my Network Admin and he said there is no service available outside of the cell phone service provider which would reroute a text message to an email address. You would have to contact the phone service provider to see if they have a service available to do this. I do know text messages can be sent from a phone to an email address. I have verizon phone service and just tested this at my office.

Good luck.


I am very interested in a couple of points you made. They are in bold.

1. I really don't want to reroute text messages. In this scenario, there is no phone. What it is really for, is for me to give a "number" for people to text over Fantasy Cafe Radio. They text the "number," and I recieve the text message on my computer some how. This is without use of a cell phone on my end.

2. I do know text messages can be sent from a phone to an email address. ---- > This sounds great! how would I instruct listeners to do this?
Image
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6209
Joined: 20 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On my Ipod Touch

Postby The_Captain » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:03 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:
The_Captain wrote:Hey TBM -

I just checked with my Network Admin and he said there is no service available outside of the cell phone service provider which would reroute a text message to an email address. You would have to contact the phone service provider to see if they have a service available to do this. I do know text messages can be sent from a phone to an email address. I have verizon phone service and just tested this at my office.

Good luck.


I am very interested in a couple of points you made. They are in bold.

1. I really don't want to reroute text messages. In this scenario, there is no phone. What it is really for, is for me to give a "number" for people to text over Fantasy Cafe Radio. They text the "number," and I recieve the text message on my computer some how. This is without use of a cell phone on my end.

2. I do know text messages can be sent from a phone to an email address. ---- > This sounds great! how would I instruct listeners to do this?


I sent you a PM - ;-D
Image
Image

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13949
Joined: 8 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Lurking somewhere between here and there...


Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 19:28 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact