What the heck happenend to... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What the heck happenend to...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:52 pm

Trung was a huge bust. He had one phenomenal game once, rushing for 270 yards against the Jets in 2001 (the Jets were ranked like 32nd in rush defense at the time). Other than that, this guy barely made an impact. He seemed to be a rising star after seeing limited time in 2001 but never did anything after that.
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:00 am

NittanyLions wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Wow, a Trung Canidate thread at the FFC? It can't be? Speaking of what ever happened to...what the heck ever happened to James Stewart, formerly of Jaguars and Lions fame? I swear the guy fell off of the face of the planet. One minute the guy is a top-20 back in 2002, posting a 1,000 yard season. Gets hurt the next season and we never see him again. What gives?

Wikipedia says...
He was injured and did not play in 2003, and never played again due to injuries.

I actually had a collection of 1000 yard rushers/receivers that fell off the earth, but I don't know where it went :-?

If I remember correctly, Trung was quite the speedster.

Wikipedia to the rescue. Nice, Nitt! God, I loved Stewart when he played for the Jags. I just figured he would always amount to something special, the way Fred Taylor kept getting hurt. Alas, it was not meant to be.

Canidate was the ultimate Faulk replacement player, but I never figured he'd amount to anything unless Marshall went down. Hell, Gaston Green could have come out of retirement and run for 1,000 yards in the Rams offense during those seasons when they truly were The Greatest Show on Turf.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dogthedyslexic » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:47 am

sportsaddict wrote:Trung was a huge bust. He had one phenomenal game once, rushing for 270 yards against the Jets in 2001 (the Jets were ranked like 32nd in rush defense at the time). Other than that, this guy barely made an impact. He seemed to be a rising star after seeing limited time in 2001 but never did anything after that.

270 yards? Are you sure? Because that would put him somewhere around the top 5 greatest rushing games of all time. But I guess that's possible against the Jets 32nd ranked rush defense...especially considering that there were only 31 NFL teams in 2001. ;-)
dogthedyslexic
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:04 am

dogthedyslexic wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:Trung was a huge bust. He had one phenomenal game once, rushing for 270 yards against the Jets in 2001 (the Jets were ranked like 32nd in rush defense at the time). Other than that, this guy barely made an impact. He seemed to be a rising star after seeing limited time in 2001 but never did anything after that.

270 yards? Are you sure? Because that would put him somewhere around the top 5 greatest rushing games of all time. But I guess that's possible against the Jets 32nd ranked rush defense...especially considering that there were only 31 NFL teams in 2001. ;-)

23 carries for 195 and two scores to be exact. ;-)
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:07 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
dogthedyslexic wrote:

23 carries for 195 and two scores to be exact. ;-)

Whoops, sorry about completeley overexaggerating on that one... :-b

That game is the one thing I remember about Trung. And it didn't even occur to me that Texans weren't in the league at that point.
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eman » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:19 am

Talk about a sleeper. ;-D
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk