How would you view this kinda trade? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How would you view this kinda trade?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How would you view this kinda trade?

Postby programatik » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:27 am

I am in a redraft league. So of course you can't keep anything from year to year. however, this league does have a payout. The guy I am playing this week will almost surely beat me and we are good friends....we all are.

I have a shortage of running backs (Clinton Portis, Chester Taylor, Droughns, were just 3 of the 5 running backs I had to start the season) and now my only consistent play every week is Westy. The only thing he needs right now is a TE.

If/When he beats me this week and goes on for the SuperBowl next week, he won't need a third running back, and I won't need two tight ends. Would it be fair to trade a better than average tight end (i.e. McMichael) for the likes of Reggie Bush? PPR league.

Its a lopsided trade, but he won't be able to use Bush anyway. No flex and his starters are pretty much set in stone. I won't necessarily need my TE and a RB would net me more points anyway. Its not collusion, since he needs a TE for those few extra points, and I need a RB obviously. But is it ethical? Is it fair? Although we are involved in collusion because he could care less how I finish, and I don't care whether he wins, and both players would respectively help our teams...
programatik
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:11 am

Eh that's borderline. Could go either way but isn't completly lopsided since it helps both teams. I don't think most of your league mates would care much expect your week 16 opponent.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby loophole21 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:13 am

This is why leagues need a trade deadline. This trade is lopsided, but it does help out both teams. There really is nothing wrong with the trade except for the timing. But since your league has no rule against this sort of deal, you may as well go for it.
loophole21
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yellowbird » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:22 am

First things first: TRADE DEADLINE, TRADE DEADLINE, TRADE DEADLINE!!!

That said to keep it from getting vetoed you might want to throw him a 2 for 1 to balance it out a bit more. Send him a 2nd tier RB or WR that you wouldn't be using to keep the peace in the league.

In that case I think you're fine.

P.S. TRADE DEADLINE, TRADE DEADLINE, TRADE DEADLINE!!!
Last edited by Yellowbird on Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to madaslives911 for the Sig.
Yellowbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Munboy » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:23 am

That's what I'm saying...where's the trade deadline? That has collusion written all over it.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:24 pm

Just to be clear: You're trading a TE you won't use for a RB he won't use,, but it would improve each of your starting rosters? Since there's no trading deadline, I can't see how anyone could argue this is collusion. It gives both teams a chance to better themselves.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BeefSandwiches » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:25 pm

I agree with all the other posters that the most important thing here is the necessity of a trade deadline...

I really don't like the trade but it doesn't appear to be collusion and you should expect your opponent to be pretty ticked off. If your league has operated in years past without a trade deadline and had no problems with it, this is the type of trade that could send the league down a slippery slope in the next couple years.

If you have to make the trade, I agree with Yellowbird - make it look as even as possible by adding other players...give him your whole bench if you have to.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:27 pm

that's technically not wrong, but your league definitely needs a trading deadline.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby dream_017 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:42 pm

Did anybody say anything about a trade deadline yet ;-7
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Yellowbird » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:49 pm

dream_017 wrote:Did anybody say anything about a trade deadline yet ;-7

No, but I did hear someone mention something about a trade deadline.

Thanks to madaslives911 for the Sig.
Yellowbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk